Goblin Lands 2 Finale Part 1 Diplomatic Misison Week 25: The Interrogation of Pluto

Pluto looked serious, as though he recalled something important.

“Indeed, the legal system that he himself designed. The failure of said system is probably the largest reason that this happened, he trusted you and all the tribes with his idea, and time after time he watched the petty disagreements tear it apart because of selfishness and greed. He lost faith in peaceful methods and sought a more direct path to his goal. If it wasn’t for the time he put into the UTR, the people of these lands may very well be living in a nation called Olgog.”

He thought for what seemed ages, and then spoke,

“I am not, nor was I ever, privy to messages that are communicated by, or to Kolgol himself. Therefore I cannot speak to what was agreed by your private councils. I do know he told us we had every blessing to eliminate the enemies of our tribe, whomever that entails. Furthermore, I’m not sure If you noticed, but the Balgogs changed colors when the attack happened, they broke ranks and destroyed nearly everything. This happened once before, in the unfortunate incident with Gul’tor’uf’s camp. From what I hear, they are completely uncontrollable when that happens, and I think it is likely that someone caused that to happen, and I do not know how that transformation occurs.”

He smiled,

"A pity you didn’t capture Eru’Khaz, he’s the expert on Balgogs, I’m just a relic from the genocide that they keep around to dispense advice now and then.

Unnamed gog (Alchemist)

mmmMMMMMmmm

Claims he knows nothing, he does. Yet blames others. Seems like knows something that isn’t telling us mmmmmmmMMM

head bobs up and down as he speaks

Urog remained quiet through the proceedings. He listened. He reigned in on his anger at the needless death that Ka Rhug’s betrayal caused. And then to be told the Ka Rhug acted because peace was taking too long was almost too much to bear. It was a lie and a convenient fact to twist the story.

“I am the Goblin King Urog, leader of the Gang of If Mag’og and the Great Northern Army. Pluto, you may not have been to many of our council meetings, but our union was built not to conquer Vima, but as a brotherhood of tribes to live and work together against common enemies. Not to conquer, but to protect. The fact that you believe differently tells me that your leaders have been lying to you. Speak to me more of what our tribal council meant to your tribe. Let us learn how deep this betrayal was engrained into your tribe.”

Torlok’ab slipped into the room and talks quietly with a gog in the back for a few moments. Then walking forward, he looks around at the crowd. "Greetings, many of you know me, but for those that don’t, I’m Captain torlok’ab of the Shield of the Redeemer. Currently Duranki in charge of the Tomb Factory of Holys. Sorry for the delay in my arriving, I was busy sorting out the bodies that my forces extracted from the battle. Some are so badly burned that we are not sure who they are or what tribe they belong to. "

“Before these proceeding go any further, I would like to ask for clarification on several points. What charges are made against this gog and are they due to his actions or those of his tribe? I would also like to object to having the minion of one Demonic Wannabee Godling sitting in judgement over a so called ‘minion of a different Demonic Wannabee Godling’. I ask how can this gog possibly get a fair trial if his judge serves a being that is in competition for worshipers?”

Dargor’lur looked at Torlo’ab and said “Greetings warrior. For now now this is an investigation into the actions of his tribe, to determiner what action should be taken. Also I wonder who you are referring to when you say a minion of a dark god?”

Urog nodded to Torlak’ab in salutation. “Greeting. The Shield of the Redeemer is most welcome to these proceedings.”

He looks at Dargor’lur. “He means him” and points to Krodock’s devotee. “And while I appreciate the sentiment, I’d be just as happy to hear your opinion of the matter, Torlak’ab.”. He looks over at Krodnok’s representative, “please, no bickering at the moment. I really want to hear what Pluto has to say.”

He looked at Pluto, waiting for an answer.

Pluto was quiet, listening to those who spoke to him, and to those who had just arrived. After a moment, he said,

“The council of the UTR, the leading decision making members of our great alliance. We had our own representative of course, Ka’zac, I hope he’s ok in all this chaos. You are correct in saying that I never attended a meeting, and I admit, I am unfamiliar with how such meetings went. However, I do know that said council was inefficient, and it is a commonly known fact in Ka’Rhug that the council is weak. Members struggle to reach decisions because of bred disdain for other members of the council, not to mention the obvious conflicts of interest that exist amongst the representatives…”

His voice trailed off as he thought again, and then said,

“One leading figure would be able to make decisions faster and more efficiently than a room full of squabbling politicians. This is a basic problem that Kolgol has mentioned to our tribe, and many agree.”

“Yet that is why we have a counsel. One gog ruling over many only causes pain and suffering. One day you are in his favor, the next he’s cutting your head off with your own blade. My tribe has also been angered by the actions of such counsel’s, but we would never seek to take over. When does it become alright for one gog to control the lives of all gogs!?” Dargor’lur demanded as he paced, his temper becoming harder and harder to control.

Auf Lalyan says "I would agree we need to do better with trials, but in defense of the Olgogs and the tribes, the UtR has had a good record. We have worked together to fight off Oners, Unit 111, Yyans, and other enemies while working together. We stumbled with working with the EEF, but have since corrected that. But trials are an issue and we will have to relook at that. There we have not had a good record.

The UtR model is working. Too bad he couldn’t see it.

Pluto, could Kolgol be brought back around? We do not wish for a full scale conflict to brew out of this."

Vellum of the Der’al Collective was honored to be at the interrogation.
Since the creation of their Embassy Hospitals the Army of the true flame had dealings with both the UtR and the tribes of Auf Lal’al and Ka Rhug personally.

He wanted equally to learn what really happened in Simonsburg and make sure that Pluto’s interrogation was humane and not cruel or unusual.

He genuinely wanted to know Plutos point of view.

“Agreed Auf Lalyan, I am hoping both the UtR and DC will revamp our justice systems in light of Gorkaog’s mistrial.” Vellum said.

Pluto’s face turned to Auf Lalyan.

“I had heard that Kolgol was slain in the battle when he tried to address the citizens of Simonsburg. If he is dead, the tribe of Ka’Rhug is likely in chaos, and the only other aufgog left would be Eru’Khaz. While he is a natural leader and a skilled tactician, he does not have the diplomatic experience to think rationally under these circumstances, and I worry about the choices he might make. If you release me, an older and more experienced aufgog, I may be able to rationalize my tribe, stabilize our thinking and so on. By keeping me here, you increase the chances of something… unfortunate …occurring.”

Na’z’ez said nothing, as was Krodnok’s instructions. She looked at Torkol’ab when he spoke to her, but didn’t answer him. Urog spoke in her direction, she said nothing. She was told to watch, and watch she would.

Urog sniffed. “I’d like to remind everyone this is not a trial. He is a prisoner, and we are interrogating him to determine what next action to take. Since he cooperates, he will not be lynched by the residents of Simonsburg. The more he talks, the better he will be treated.”

He looks out to all who gathered. “His fate will be that of his tribe’s. No more, no less. Enough of this Earther notion of trial, charges, and nonsense. We want answers to take action. So if you’re going to say something, let it be to determine how deep the Ka Rhug’s betrayal is.”

He looked over to Pluto, “So tell me more of your leader’s plans to take over our Tribal council.”

A secretive smile crept across Pluto’s face.

“What a … relief, that I will not be lynched. Although do not take my cooperation for complacency, I still serve my tribe and my tribe alone, and I will not trade information for my own benefit. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability, but do not think you can hold my life above me.”

“Taking over your tribal council, how droll. From what I understand, there was no takeover planned, nor should there have been any need to. The council would of course remain I suppose, being provincial governors of their respective lands. Like I said before, as the UTR model is not working, it would be modified, or a better system would have to be implemented. What that would be, I do not know.”

Urog nodded. “Pluto, none of what you say makes sense. Kolgol wished to take matters into his own hands because our peace methods weren’t working and he didn’t like our system. Not once did I hear of such a thing. And we are of the most active council members. And I’m supposed to believe he complained about it many times? And then, what did that have to do with the demon being in Simonsburg, him not coming to council meetings to dicuss vanquishing the demon (or calling one himself if needed be), and then ignoring my request aftet he missed our strategy council, not to show up??”

Pluto shrugged.

“Whether or not our leader’s methods make sense to you is not my concern. You asked me to elaborate on his plan, and that is what I know. I do know that dealing with said ‘demon’ was a matter of pride for him, and that he wanted to be the one to do it himself. He spoke of restoring our tribe’s honor by killing it, and I believe that he thought he could do it all by himself. He believed that someone was trying to frame our deity, perhaps someone in the UTR that sought to alienate our tribe from the rest. He did not trust the UTR to deal with the creature, although it would appear he was wrong. Kolgol did certainly have his flaws, and his arrogance was one of them, not that I am one to speak poorly of the dead.”

Dreg shook his head and stood from his chair. “I’m Dreg of the Outcasts,” he turned to Pluto. “You seem awfully sure he’s dead and surprisingly not upset at the idea. You’re also talking circles. Either you know more and you’re trying to hide or you’re just stalling things. Maybe you’re hoping for a rescue? Or for whatever Kolgol has planned to happen. I mean come on, ‘he didn’t betray the UTR’ he was only planning to take over. ’ he wanted to defeat the false god. Which was somehow accomplished by attacking Simonsberg and it’s defenders? Oh right of course they just happened to lose control of the balgogs, right at that moment. Right sure.” He looked around the room. “Even now they don’t seem to have sent anyone to collect you, or speak for you. Or explain their actions. You’re really loyal for a gog that seems to have been abandoned to die by his tribe twice.”

Pluto inclined his head at Dreg.

“If Ka’Rhug knows I am here, then my continued presence is more a gesture of goodwill than anything else. Also, I often travel the lands on my own, and my tribe has gotten used to me not being around all the time. It is still soon enough that I would not be missed yet. And like I said, if our leader is most likely dead, the tribe will be in disarray and my personal safety wouldn’t be the tribe’s priority. Tribal leaders come and go, whether good or bad, strong or weak. I am among the oldest in my tribe, and I have seen my fair share of them die, and believe me, they die all the same in the end, no matter how noble they were. I will no more shed a tear for Kolgol’s death than I would for any other in my tribe. I do not fear death, and your sarcasm will not shake my faith.”

He paused for a moment, looking around the room, and then said,

“Tell me, have you sent a message to my people? Have you told them that diplomacy is still an option? I would advise at least attempting it before you consign thousands to their doom.”

Olav yawned, looking at Pluto. “So, do you think that your tribe would even consider peace if their leader is dead by the hands of their “enemies”? If it were my tribe, and I’m sure others, I wouldn’t consider peace at this point.”