Goblin Lands 2 Finale Part 1 Diplomatic Misison Week 25: The Interrogation of Pluto

Auf Lalyan says "i was the last who sent a messenger in response to your tribes messenger. It is obvious messengers don’t work. The results My multiple requests for your tribe to stay away from Simonsburg was to be attacked. They were warned even the presence of balgogs would be treated as an attack. Their message was clear.

Now to change it will be up to your tribe to reach out.

My question is are all in your tribe followers of this Kalok ?"

Vellum interrupted saying, "I do not believe it matters if all of Ka Rhug worships Kalok or not.
Our issue with their actions is not their faith.
Our issue is with the actions themselves.

They gave significant military aid to a monster they claim was a forgery of their own god.
Now it is claimed they didn’t mean to give aid?
Interesting in theory but not in practice.

Pluto my question is, how many of your people will surrender peacefully and allow us to take Kolgol as high chief into custody? He should be here being interrogated not you. As leader of Ka Rhug."

A beautiful Earthed female dressed like a gunslinger in a cowboy hat and an eye patch said, "Name is Love, I work as a gun for hire for the Earther Colonies.

I was wondering if your local governments had any laws to handle tribe on tribe religious violence?"

Onigor sat in the last row of seating for the interrogation, he was somewhat apprehensive to be talking after his last encounter as a diplomat causing trouble at the Elogans party. He stood up a few times when someone said something that might peak his interest or if he maybe had something to add. He had heard every that was said to this point, but now could be seen agitated, pacing back and forth. His motions were indeed strange today, Onigor would stop and close his eyes either nearly falling asleep from the drone of things or in deep deep concentration. Well in fact, Onigor was just being utterly protective to make sure that his cantrip familiar was not being followed. After multiple times, Onigor made his way to the entry where a not quite right talon bat swooped in, perching upon his shoulder.

Finally from the back he called out, “Come on Pluto, speak up. Why don’t you tell everyone about the motives of your tribe, the actions that took place at this Camp Cleansing Fire or the ceremony at the citadel atop Mount Ka’Rhug. Here’s your big chance; either you can tell them all about it, or I will!”

(OOC; purposely waited to post, not sure if character would have any updates on Kolgol being “alive.” )

{ OOC: Sorry I haven’t posted recently, I’ve been quite busy with my graduation and whatnot :slight_smile: }

Pluto glanced around before replying,

“If Kolgol does still live, it is unlikely that you will take him alive, or dead for that matter. If you manage to defeat his armies, my guess is his body would be cremated before any foreign tribal took a step into our home. If he is dead however, you may find the person whom the task of leadership has fallen to be a more willing candidate to talk.”

He looked at Onigor curiously, then responded,

“The motives of my tribe are, and have always been thus, to survive and protect its members; no more, no less. As I have previously stated, the recent undertakings of my people are more Kolgol’s ambitions than Ka’Rhug’s. Camp Cleansing Fire was, and as far as I know, remains a camp to combat the spread of illness, and more recently, the attacking dead units from the south. The camp was in the midst of being de-militarized by request of the Yagogi’al when the dead attacked, and the forces there were forced to hunker down to survive the assault. By now the remaining garrison are either dead, or in hiding I presume.”

“As to a ceremony, I’m afraid my memory is a bit vague, I am quite elderly you know. Perhaps if you could provide some sort of specificity to help me recall, I could bring some relevant information to the table.”

He paused, scratching the bandages over his eye sockets.

“As to the rest of you, I will not answer another question until you answer one of mine. I want to know precisely what you plan to do with me, what my fate is. I refuse to rot in a cell like the last prisoner that was interrogated, as I have been more than cooperative through this ‘investigation’.”

Vellum said, "I agree. An endless incarceration helps none.

Before we can answer your question. I have to ask will you stand with us against those who attacked Simonsburg or do you support the Balgog attack?"

(Congrats on the graduation that is great news! :slight_smile: )

Pluto sat quietly for a moment.

“I believe that Kolgol’s methods are wrong, but even so I don’t think I could fight against my own kin. The attack was not what I would call a good idea, and I understand the need for you to mount a counterattack. I simply hope that our tribe will not be the next Gul’tor’uf, scattered and exiled from our ancestral lands. I take a neutral stance on this battle, were I free, I would neither help, nor hinder either side in the conflict.”

Auf Lalyan says "The attack on Simonsburg was a deliberate attack on the UtR with plenty of chances for Kolgol and the Ka Rhug tribe to stop or withdraw. There will need to be action on this though I hope the Ka Rhug tribe would see what Kolgol has lead them into.

Additionally either the Balgogs were deliberately sent to attack Simonsburg, or they are out of control crazed monsters, either way the ability to produce them from Mt Rhug must be eliminated. There is no question on this second part from my tribe. Balgogs were questionable to start with and now they cannot be allowed at all.

So I would say the fate of the Ka Rhug tribe resides in how much they protect the Balgogs."

Dargor’lur had felt his anger raise as his question was ignored. He did not even care about the fact that the others were trying to limit the chances of war. When the messenger had arrived from Glog he all but laughed at what he was being told.

"My fellow gogs. My tribe has seen these events in a harsher light then I had originally been informed. As of the moment this letter had been sent, warriors from Or’Lur had set out to remove the threat of the Ka Rhug Tribe. Among them is Glog, our elder who has recently had the strange fate of being a part of the destruction of two cities. He and his students were also responsible for the Shadow cocoon defense that is on the wall of Simonsburg, the responsibility of which was given to Krodnok and his followers.

All three of those events had ten or less gogs involved in the actual events. Right now there is a force of sixteen who are dealing a first blow while the remainder of our tribe readies for a full on war.

I have also been informed that Or’Lur is bringing charges against Ka Rhug and will be seeking Final Death, upon all members who follow this Kolak, as the punishment. These charges include, but are not limited to: Summoning a being of destruction, with the intent to kill; multiple counts of murder; and acts of War against Allied Tribes. The evidence of these charges has been witnessed by most if not all of the gathered here. So I say to you warriors, protectors of gogs from everywhere, how shale you deal with these traitors."

(The Shadow artificed wall I mentioned happened at Running GAGG. Thought it might be better to mention an act of defense by Glog rather then just dumb luck caused destruction.)

Pluto’s face grew truly angry, the first such expression he had yet shown.

“All that are Ka’Rhug believe in Kalok, but not all that believe in Kalok are Ka’Rhug. There are hundreds if not thousands more who follow the same faith. How will you treat them? Will you drag them out of their homes and execute them because a radical sect of their devotion committed a crime? There are also many in Ka’Rhug who had nothing to do with this attack, and yet still follow the same faith. Children, old gogs, fishergogs and farmers, people whose only crime is apparently what they choose to believe in. I too follow this belief, do you now intend to execute me for my faith?”

"Those that follow Mag Mag Gor, they seek death and destruction. We destroy them when they attack. The Redeemers have left such following and now fight against Mag Mag Gor. My Elder has fought followers of Mag Mag Gor and a few of their strange giant undead weapons. Looking over what is known about your faith and the actions of your god he has deemed you a threat equal to those that serve Mag Mag Gor. If they renounce Kolak then they may live, or if they truly are peaceful. It is not a decision that was made lightly.

The deaths of hundreds of thousands, the attack on the Tribes who was working with your tribe in peace, the destruction caused by your Balgogs. These are minor things if the rumors about your tribe and faith are to be believed. All of this makes you a threat equal to, if not greater then, Mag Mag Gor and the Oners. So tell me, Pluto, Why should we have murcy when your god had none." As Dargor’lur spoke a glow surrounded both of his hands. with each word the temperature dropped lower and lower until everyone could see their breaths.

“Because these people had nothing to do with it!” Pluto exclaimed with contempt.

“If you deem killing innocents is acceptable to account for another’s action, then you are no better than those who you say are responsible for this atrocity. You continue to fail to see the root of the problem, which is not faith, but loyalty. Just because they believe in the same god as Ka’Rhug, they do not go out and sacrifice their neighbors. The fact that you are considering executing innocent people because of their religion shocks me frankly, and I am surprised that no one here can see the writing on the wall. We do not, and never have served Mag Mag Gor, and we despise the undead.”

His face turned grim and he said,

“There is a reason we do not resurrect anyone, and that we burn our dead instead. It is believed that by doing so, one reaches paradise. If you think to punish our people by granting them final death, you are wrong, you are giving them the greatest reward that one can gain in life, and that is precisely why they will never surrender to your armies.”

"Like I said we have no proof, but the actions of your faith make them a threat EQUAL to Mag Mag Gor. I never said you serve it, but who is to say that it is the only one of its kind. The fact you call for final death as a means to reach your Paradise is strange, but not unheard of. In Tla’Lok’al I have met some who are called the Champions of Asgard. They seek to die in battle, to die a warriors death, so they may join their gods in the afterlife. The fact is that you have brought in Innocents, who had nothing to do with your faith, and give them final death. You did not remain within your tribe and faith, but attacked those who had nothing to do with you.

I’m sure you saw Kolak attack the train as it fled the city. Everyone on there was given final death, roasted alive. I heard that the only survivor was a little child, one who is without the Leyas. Tell me how can you justify the sacrifice of your fellow gog. What you do to your faithful is one thing, what happened here is competently different. Think on that. You have done to this child what Oners have done to our people for hundreds of years!"

Auf Lalyan says “FIrst, I have been told Kolgol is possessed by Kalok.”

She lets that sit in.

AUf Lalyan says "I do not plan to kill just anybody in the tribe just because of what they are. But we do have to destroy all of the balgogs, and banish Kalok from this lands. Now that is where there will be a problem with those who worshop Kalok as a god. I don’t think they will let us just banish him.

Pluto, give me another way, please. But right now we have a very powerful demon that has already leveled one of our cities posessing a leader of a tribe that worships him using infernal Balgogs to kill as well.

It doesn’t show a very good picture."

Urog looked at Love. The Earther had a funny name. Or not funny at all.

“Love, we have no answers. We were, and are, still fractured. We are not a unified group. No matter what anyone says, we still only care about ourselves. We make excuses, but we’re grasping at der that will never be hoblal. The Ka Rhug put their faith in god, even more so after losing faith in us and in our council. I do not wish any gog to be without faith. I have no right. Faith is one thing, actions are another. We came together in friendship. Those bonds were to be unbreakable. It is not the following of faith that is the problem here, Pluto. If Kalok is your savior and grants you power, so be it. If Kalok requires the sacrifice of your friends, then we cannot let it stand. It is no better than those who serve the Mag Mag Gor. Life must be revered. Lives of friends must be most important. If Kalok does not value that… if Kalok prevents the bonds between us to be strong, encourages loss of faith in our council as being weak, whose followers think it be a good idea to ignore council, ignore friendship and ignore the value of life we have come together to protect, then I wish nothing to do with them.”

Dargor’lur stood tall before the others. “I have told you what my tribe will do. I am too close to this to be objective so I will not participate in you decision. Just know that we will deal with this threat if no one else will.”

Looking to Urog he says “Such is why we called for Final Death.”

(This will be my last post for this week. as such I just wanted to say Happy 4th of July everyone.)

Onigor watched as Pluto tried to make a feeble pleas as an unknowing elder gog and that the KaRhug were just innocent bystanders to the plot of their deity. So this was the 11th hour, and he held out his arm with the not quite talon bat in the most annoying voice began chanting “You have been accused of worship of the Thunder Gods, a crime punishable by death and permanent removal from Kalok’s light. You will now become a reminder to all who the true god of this world is. You also have the singular honor of becoming a harbinger for our great lord, although you do not deserve it.”

With this, Onigor spoke up “This would be the time to fess up and admit the crimes. These are the direct words of Kolgol, sounds frighteningly similar to the preachings of the Church of One or the Warmonger cultists. We were able to witness your rituals, when Kolgol the prophet of Kalok ceremonial carved up a helpless Ur Tor for placing his faith amongst the Thunder Gods and not your Kalok. Did you not realize that ritual sacrifices and blood ceremonies were some heavy, bad sh!t. Were you just sheep following mighty Kolgol’s crook, and no one of your could speak up against something wrong with the situation there. If this is the case, you must be treated as the threat of the Oners or Warmonger Cultists, with extreme prejudice.”