In Brez, Surrounded

Sira continued, “It is the same concession I was told by Gorth he was not empowered to discuss.”

Toth rolled his eyes and chuckled "Gorth was empowered to assist in the defense of your train charging station and to offer aid. Sadly like most Paladins when he is insulted by Goblins he can get passionate.

I believe I said in the first place that I was here to negotiate, after all you told Gorth for the Church to send someone to negotiate. Therefore I asked for you as you requested my presence here.

Now for the first thing you mentioned here. You want us to close our Capital punishment centers and release all prisoners. I didn’t realize that the local towns were not allowed to have prisons. Do you allow criminals to roam free in your lands? Or are there no criminals in your home colony? Must truly be a paradise where you come from when there are no prisons and no need for the death penalty. Then again there are no non humans in your lands so perhaps things are better where you come from. Sadly here we do have crimes and in our culture some crimes are solved by the death of the criminal."

Sira’s serene face split into a smile at that, "Ahh yes criminals whose only crime is being non-human.

If you are unable to offer any concessions than I am confused how you plan on negotiating. Negotiation requires each side to give up something they want for a compromise. Gorth offered no compromise but demanded action by the other party. That is why he was sent away.

what compromise do you offer in the name of ending this war? If you offer nothing then you do not empower me as a third party to present your compromise.

And if that is the case than you may not be here to fill the role of negotiator. Instead you arrive only burdened by demands."

Sira mourned that so intellegent a man as Toth had been raised with such blind hatred. To roll his eyes at compromise told Sira much of Toths real purpose here.

“And no we do not employ the death penalty in the Valley of Vegalia except when under direct attack. If a prisoner of war is taken we follow the old EEF laws regarding POWs. They are not used for forced labor and then killed. They are held with all the rights according to a soldier taken on the battlefield. It is also how the Brothers of the Mind have learned from and trained with Dragon Jinn warriors. Those taken in honorable combat and defeated.,” explained Sira calmly, “If you can tolerate one of the Jinn Generals i could have General Ma’pel explain to you the rules of warfare. But only if you desire an explanation. Once again I dont judge either side in this conflict and my fingers have not left my lap to wag at anyone.”

Toth smiled at Sira, "Ah such assumptions they are unworthy of you. When a Goblin trespasses in our lands he is arrested and taken before the local priest and local town govenor. They decide if he is to be simply lashed then sent back if it a simple trespass. If they find that the Goblin intended to steal or harm someone then he is sent to a prison to work off his sentance. If the Goblin has killed someone or destroyed homes which could cause the death of several he can be either life of labor or death. Local laws are strict due to the frequency of Goblin raids.

I am perfectly willing to negotiate, however simply releasing all criminals is rather much, that would cause a lot of chaos. If you want to give suggestion as to what to do with the criminals I will listen.

If you want me to suggest one I can do so. If you truly believe our prisons to be too “cruel” then perhaps we can transfer them somewhere else. If you agree that they would not be allowed to leave, we can move them to your lands. If you agree we can try it on a trial basis"

Sira knew the Inquisitor was lying to him. Sira himself had once broken into a Church of One camp to save an ally. He knew first hand that no Olgogs were simply lashed and sent on their way. Yet he kept himself calm and at peace because even the Great Buddha would practice deception if it would help another grow past their ignorance and find enlightenment.

"Yes the Brothers of the Fist could personally take over these Olgog prisoners and move them to a new site on the far side of Brez. You would of course have to transfer all prison records and court transcripts with the criminals so our Magistrates could confirm each individual prisoners crimes and that jurisprudence was maintained under Colonial law.
Once they were in our care we would focus on their rehabilitation to a noncriminal state of being and we would decide when they are ready for release once more into general population based on their infractions.
The Brotherhood even has honest labor for them to accomplish during their sentence near the Ichi station.

If we present this compromise on your behalf, all prisoners of native descent in the Penninsula of Man would have to be transferred into our custody so we could move them to our new site.

In exchange for this concession, you would like the Brezan army to suspend its hostilities against Thomasville and negotiate a firm border?"

Inquisitor Toth shook his head and frowned "When I said to your lands I meant your colonial lands, having prisoners moved so close to a major Goblin population center is far too dangerous. Doyest Vesk is a much better location for them.

I can contact the necessary officials to get records, you can feel free to look them over. Though not sure why you think the cases were maintained under Colonial law as these are not colonial territory, the local officials take care of the enforcement of local law. You will find that local laws tend to be far more strict and…speedy then colonial law. Tends to come out of communities that tend to distrust their neighbors.

As for labor, to be honest I don’t really care about that, once they are within your lands we do not care what you do with them as long as they do not leave. You can punish them, praise them, it doesn’t matter. Your opinion of the Church and the laws of its believers is obviously very low. If you released the prisoners you would be declaring that Doyest Vesk can turn over the laws of any other group it wants. They have been convicted by local courts and by overturning their sentences because you disagree with them would have a dangerous precedent, if one colony declares that they can overturn foreign laws that could lead to unfortunate future events.

Now if you want to simply continue their sentences under your custody that is fine, you can determine their continued punishment under your care. That part we will leave to your discretion, I understand your ways are different.

If you are willing to move all of the Prisoners to Doyest Vesk that would be acceptable, when their sentences are up they can be released but not in these lands. They can be productive members of your society.

The issues we have, is due to the war climate, anyone released by you will just join the war against us. After all the prisoners have no reason to like us, and if there is a war they will do what they can to join it.

Now, if peace can be attained, then these Goblins who finish their sentences will be fully encouraged to rejoin their people. However we feel the risk is just too great for them to remain in these lands.

If after a short period of observation, we can start sending more and more Goblins to you.

Now as for the Brezan army, we would indeed prefer that they go home, of course we would prefer a peaceful method, if not it is believed that a major bombardment of Brez and other strikes will cause the army to return to protect their home.

Now it is not just the withdrawal from Thomasville that we wish. We wish for them to withdraw from all territory that they have taken over and return to their original dwellings. We can then make a more permanent boarder.

Now I think this is a wonderful deal for the “natives” They get the Church to agree to respect their lands plus they know that their captured brothers and sisters are in the hands of people they trust more then us. The local human towns will also be relieved to know that there will be less violence.

Perhaps if this works out, we can work out a way to reduce the violence between the two sides in general."

“I see so you and your government admit as part of this negotiation that the lands in question are not ruled by Colonial Law and are therefore not part of the Colonies. Your words were those lands are not in Colonial territory,” said Sira, “If they are not in Colonial Territory whose Territory are they in?”

These lands belong to the people living in them. The people of Jamesville own Jamesville, the people of Drewsport own Drewsport etc. When Dunesphere was restricted after the war with S’vana we lost claim to these lands. However the leaders of the various towns share our faith in the Holy Church, they feared the Goblins would take advantage and murder them so appealed for our protection, so the troops here were sent to keep them safe as part of a treaty

Inquisitor Toth’s radio beeped while he awaited the response from Sira, he excused himself and listened to the update of the situation at Thomasville. Then he turned back

“I realize you have not responded to my last offer but before you do i must inform you of a development. The army of Brez that had been invading the lands of the local Earthers was defeated at Thomasville. It is unfortunate that these discussions have been so drawn out that they were unable to prevent the excessive loss of life. However while tragic these events can work to benefit all. With the invasion defeated we can discuss an end to further conflict as opposed to simply the current one. As I have been negotiating in good faith, i still wish to negotiate the transfer of prisoners that you wanted, however we will require something else for us in exchange.”

Sira waited and said, “What would that be Mr. Toth?”

"Originally I was going to request the withdrawal of the Goblin army from Simonsburg, however as my reports have said that the population seems to have welcomed them with open arms. Well it would hardly be appropriate for us to demand that they stop. We do find it odd that the town which was sacked violently would suddenly welcome their invaders with open arms, but if they do, then they do.

Our requests are thus, first of all we request the reopening of the Thomasville hovertrain charging station and trade to be encouraged, no non humans will be allowed to leave the train and must be regulated to a part of the train that they do not interact with the local population.
Second any prisoners that the Goblins have of ours be turned over to your people as well,
third a boarder be established officially with multiple strongholds on either side to allow each side to patrol the boarder.
Fourth, besides Simonsburg, all Goblins must vacate all territories that were previously controlled by the local humans. I believe that there are invading Goblins in Drewsport, they would withdraw from there for example, and from the lands west of Simonsburg.

Finally, Simonsburg must become neutral grounds. It will house diplomats of all sides and no violence shall be done there. All grievances that any side have shall be discussed there, any violations of boarders and the like shall have evidence shown there and joint actions and decisions shall be made there.

What do you think of these requests?"

Sira looked up from a small flag he had planted in the ground with a serene smile at the Inquisitor, “Mr. Toth I have a counter offer. You release every Olgog you have in captivity in the Goblin Lands or any Dunesphere citizen found there will be accused of illegally running a zoo of endangered species. Any Dunesphere citizen found down here stealing pelts, teeth or bones from the natives will be accused of poaching endangered species.
It seems the feral Natives found here have become very rare on this continent thanks to certain organizations with racially biased views like your own.
And the VofV Commission has officially claimed all lands south of the EEF controlled Colonies. We don’t want to oppress it. Your people can keep living here as long as they do so peacefully and with compassion for the local species.
In exchange we will set up a diplomatic house just as you describe twenty five miles away from Simonsburg. We will even provide a complimentary hovercopter to take you back and forth for meetings. And of course to discuss matters affecting both populations. As long as your side agrees to be peaceful there. And before any of your people board the train they will be thoroughly checked for explosives and other weapons of a devious nature. The EEF has made us quite aware of your past terrorist behaviors in Chooru.”

Any of your people held by the locals would first have to be tried for poaching before we could give them back to you.

The rest of your requests are off the table. Thomasville Train station is no more."

Inquistor Toth blinked a few times in surprise, he stood silent for several minutes before responding. "Well then, how should I respond to this now, well a few ways I suppose. First, are you saying that the Goblins are now animals that are part of zoos? You are saying that they are not prisoners but animals in zoos contrary to our statements. Second you are saying that your colony now rules all of these lands with your flag there. Before we go any further in any agreements I believe we must get the locals aware of this situation. I highly doubt that the Goblins will approve of you deciding that your colony which considers them animals and not actually people will approve of this arraignment.

Also, our people will be tried for poaching, I assume since you just said you are annexing the entire Goblin Lands they will be tried in your courts? Do your people have any evidence of any crimes? Of course you don’t. Will you take testimonoy of the locals? Well apparently not since you just said that they are animals in illegal zoos, so unless rabbits, penguins, or monkeys can be in juries the locals cannot either, as you are now saying that they are animals.

So naturally you would have to release all local humans and Church aligned humans as you have no evidence of any misdeeds besides the words of what you refer to as animals and not people.

I have been quite reasonable here Mr. Sira, you seem determined to sabotage any attempt at negotiation and just seem determined to try to hurt me and the local human population."

Inquisitor Toth shook his head "So like I said earlier, before anything goes further, you must gather at very least some representatives of Brez, and inform them that you have annexed this city under your Colony’s rule and that your government classifies them as animals of an endangered species, of several million i believe, to be cared for by your government. I highly doubt they will agree with your decision.

So, in less then diplomatic terms, put up or shut up. Tell them what your plans are, and if they decide to be animals under your rule, then I will consider this counter offer of yours. If they do not want to be ruled as animals under your governments care then you can go home and let a real diplomat come here and not a bias self righteous air bag who seems more interested in insulting people then actually doing his job."

Inquisitor Toth smiled gently and waited for Sira.

“Humans are animals as well Mr. Toth,” said Sira simply, “Captain Lui Wen is the footage ready for broadcast?”

There was a shimmer as four
sets of robot armor circling overhead lowered their cloaking devices. One of the Veskan Robot armor projected a replay of Sira confirming that Toth was the official negotiator then fast forward obviously to Toth saying ," These lands belong to the people living in them. The people of Jamesville own Jamesville, the people of Drewsport own Drewsport etc. When Dunesphere was restricted after the war with S’vana we lost claim to these lands. However the leaders of the various towns share our faith in the Holy Church, they feared the Goblins would take advantage and murder them so appealed for our protection, so the troops here were sent to keep them safe as part of a treaty."

"Thank you Mr. Toth, when you return to Dunespher please ask your fellow Inquisitors if they can bring me a mustard seed from a home that has never known loss. Safe travels, i think the Great wheel will bring us together again soon enough.

Sira returned to the assembled Brezans and other Tribals, "Thank you for your patience assembled diplomats, family groups and community organizations. I have discovered a loop hole in Colonial law that has allowed my people to annex the lands from the Church of One. Everything south of the Border has now been claimed.

The Earther Colonies of Refuge call my lands the Lost Colonies. It is a humerous name to me as my people never lost them.
In a way your Native lands are a Lost Colony as well. Many of you have lost your culture and your ancestral lands because of Earthers.

Well i am here to tell you that we did not annex these lands to oppress you or enslave you.

We have done it to declare your freedom. The Dunesphere govenment has tried to make you extinct. They nearly succeeded in making Olgogs an endangered species on this continent. So we have classified you as such.

Church of Oners will call you devils then say we are calling you animals.

We are all animals whether animals of Earth or animals of Refuge.

This entire region is not a colony for us though. It has been made a protected nature preserve for you.
You may build what ever nation you choose to build here and when it is ready it will be officially recognized.

If you choose smaller nations they will be recognized as well.

All we ask in exchange is that we ratify the treaty we originally discussed and use these three train hubs as diplomatic and trade outposts so our people can grow as friends seperate in their own lands but together in learning.

And we ask that our original borders of the valley of vegalia be officially recognized by the Olgogs as officially owned by the VofV Commission and that you will help us enforce our borders against natives who dont respect our laws."

–(ooc the valley of vegalia is the area next to two “lost domes” of Doyest Vesk and Deldoroon}~~

Inquistor Toth appeared out of no where next to Sira after Sira finished his statement, didn’t need to be invisible anymore. He started giggling “Oh such a wonderful speech, truly I was touched hee hee hee.” Looking at the Goblins who were starting to growl and reach for their weapons "Now now little ones as you can see I am unarmed, I won’t hurt you. I just have to see you sign this treaty then I will go, hee hee hee. Come now Goblin Kings Sign the treaty, then the Sweet people of Doyest Vesk will give you your freedoms and your nation. They have declared that they own all of your homes, yet they are benevolent masters, they will let you live in them. Ha ha ha ha ha, come now you are now endangered animals living in their lands, the big strong Earthers will keep you safe and protect the freedoms that they are allowing you to have heh heh heh heh. All that fighting because you wanted to decide your own destiny? Turns out your destiny was not to have the power to determine your own fate but to be GIVEN your own homes to you by Earthers. My goodness, this is too much.

So go ahead, sign the treaty hee hee hee, these kind Earthers will allow you to build your nation on their lands and their soldiers will protect you from the scary bad people. Now they still won’t allow you to enter their home territory, you can stay in the preserve that they are granting you heh heh heh. Just stay in the place they put you in and be good little animals and they will make sure your nation thrives under their benevolent guidance and grace.

So stand proud Goblins of the Valley of Vegalia, Earthers have come to grant you their kindness. You should be grateful that they will allow you to live in their lands hee hee hee. So come now, sign away your pride and prove to the world that without Earthers allowing it, you cannot do anything. You have fought tooth and…claw against the “cruel” racists only now to be allowed to live in your own homes by the benevolent racists. Oh the irony is so delicious, if this was edible I would be so fat you would have to roll me away.

So come on, sign the papers, or make a claw print if you don’t know how to write, come on I need to see this. I will happily leave after seeing it," Inquisitor Toth pulls out a small camera “Ooh let me video tape it! Goblins accepting being labeled as animals so they can be given permission from Earthers to live in their own homes, I will watch the tape of this over and over again.”

Inquisitor Toth continued to giggle as he began to tape the proceedings.

Lalur’ab Laughs at the Inquisitor. Then he says in earther without the use of Leyas "You see that is the attitude that prevents anything from ever changing. You talk like the victim, but act like the attacker. You are even so high and mighty have to mock any change that might give Olgogs a chance to improve conditions for themselves. Or anything that prevents you from continuing your killing of our kind. I say, if a legal loophole gives us the time for our nation to develop, so be it.

It will be good to stop having to waste our time on a bunch of misguided, fear mongering, and scared people. We have bigger enemies to take care of, like the warmonger’s dead that still follow him.

As for writing, its true, we don’t have a written language. But thats not out of lack of Learning, but out of a lack of need. If something is not forgotten, why do you need to write it down. I even bet our histories are better known than yours."

Then to Sira he says "Our nation is closer than you may think. We have laid the foundation as we speak. The United Tribes of Refuge is very close to fully forming as a functional government. The United Tribes of Refuge has been acknowledged by the Sylvans. We expect this to be acknowledged by others soon.

As for the treaty, I believe the tribes that negotiated it, have already signed it. But For this to affect all Olgog tribes, this should be presented to the United Tribes of Refuge council. Once approved by the council, it will become the position of the Olgog Nation, the United Tribes of Refuge. And we already have a means to make sure our laws are enforced.

So I invite you, Sira, to talk to the central council."

Still giggling Toth turns to Lalur’ab "How am I talking like the victim here? I am just excited to see you all get what you want. Permission from Earthers to live here. Indeed this will improve everything for you. Earthers are allowing you to live on the lands that they own. You heard the man, Brez, Unen, Karov, Tla’loc’al, everything now belongs to them. However they shall allow you to keep living there because they are so nice. Truly this is a historc day for your kind. It is proving that you need Earther help to get your nation, by signing here you are saying that your nation is built and allowed by the grace of the Valley of Vegalia and their soldiers shall be deployed to ensure that they continue to approve it.

I have said nothing about killing anyone, such harsh words. Go on, improve yourselves! By all means, if living under their guidance is what you consider improvement then feel free. I am glad that you don’t mind the fact that they just declared that everything you all own belongs to them. True self determination is overrated after all, being permitted to make your own decisions under the watch of your benevolent overlords, that is good enough.

As for your historians, if you have them who have lived for thousands of years and have never forgotten anything ever, then they would be the greatest historians ever. Since as we know memory and stories passed down through the generations orally are the most accurate way to keep records.

And you have a council, I am sure you have representatives from every single tribe in these lands right? You wouldn’t want to just declare that they are all part of a nation that they had no say in building…of course you would, you are ok with the Earthers of Valley of Vegalia declaring that your homes belong to them, so you must be fine with delcaring that all Goblin Tribes must follow your nation heh heh.

I apologize, please go on, sign the treaty and acknowledge that the Earthers of the Valley of Vegalia own all of your lands.

Sira turned to the veskan robot armor pilots.

"Mr Toth as you have illegally entered this diplomatic meeting inside the city of Brez. It was clear you were not invited back into Brez or inside the city limits. Our meeting was outside the city limits and you snuck back into this other meeting which you were not invited to. Your freedom is now forfit.

Captain Wen, please take this dispicable racist and deposite him back at the Border of Dunesphere. If he struggles or tries to leave your custody anywhere inside the natives land please take him out to sea and find him a nice island. I will not have you mocking these people or this proceeding.

You have mocked me and you have mocked the natives long enough today. Out of respect for diplomacy i will not have you taken back to the VofV for reeducation. You will be returned to Dunesphere.

When we are ready to speak to the Lords of Dunesphere you will be invited back to a nuetral site outside of Brez.

Your diplomatic immunity ends now. Leave with my Armored friends or the crowd will let you know what it feels like to be a persecuted minority.

That is UNLESS at least two Olgog representatives want you here."
Sira waited (unless two players post that they want Toth to stay he will be ejected forcibly from the diplomatic meeting by the Veskan Robot Armors)