In Brez, Surrounded

Vektor hadn’t spoken to Shirley yet, and had no idea what was going on. United Tribes of Refuge??, he thought to himself. What a terrible name. And what the heck was Shirley up to while she was gone?!?!?

Vektor found these events to be intriguing. Can these Earthers be trusted?? Honestly, it didn’t matter. The worst case scenario is that he’d have a different set of Earthers to fight. Best case scenario, they’d live by their word and maybe there’d be peace. This was a first step. Sira was honorable and straightforward in talks. If this meant a new era of Earther-Olgog cooperation, he’d accept it… for now.

In Earther, so that Toth would understand him, he said, “Sira, these are indeed a strange turn of events. He brings up a valid point, which we will purposely ignore. There has been too much distrust between our kind. We appreciate the way in which you spoke to us and respected our customs. It was a giant leap of faith to move the train station from Thomasville to Simonsburg. We therefore, hold you at your word, just as you hold us to ours. Let the Earthers of Dunesphere recognize your claim, and allow the tribes of the olgog to build and strengthen our communities without further Church of One intervention.”

He turned to Toth, “You have heard our response. We will welcome a new age of Earther and Olgog cooperation, one that is not filled with hate, fear, and mistrust. For your efforts today, Mr. Toth, may the Earthers of Dunesphere and their ilk, be forever referred to as Hatebreeders by the olgog. May we now and forever know the difference between the Hatebreeders and the rest of their Earther kin, never to confuse the two. The next time a Hatebreeder like yourself wishes to speak to us, it will be to the council of tribes of our new nation, may it prosper free from your influence. Now get out of our lands, never to breed hate amongst us again!”

Agent Brooke listened quietly, before speaking "Umm I have a question for Sira, if your people own all of these lands in the preserve, and are simply allowing the Olgogs to stay, wouldn’t that mean Doyesk Vesk has ultimate authority of these lands technically? All treaties, and such would have to be approved by you, you would be able to move your people through freely without any of the Olgog tribes giving permission etc.

Any time the Olgog nation or nations would want to make agreements with foreign interests wouldn’t they need you to sign off on it as they would simply be a vassel nation under your care? Wouldn’t it be better for your Colony to gift the land to the Olgog nation when it forms and forsake all authority here? I personally believe that any nation built here should be in full control of their destiny, not beholden to any other nation."

Toth smiled as Sira "Hit me monk, you won’t have to hit me too hard for the construct to shatter. I am standing right where you left me. If you bothered to use your mind to do more then manipulate the locals you would see that i am not inside the city at all.

As for mocking you, I will not stop mocking you as long as you insult everyone here with your false claims. You like to make people think that you care so much about these locals but you tell them that they are ruled by your people and should be grateful, and it looks like they believe you.

I bow to you and your ability. As for diplomatic immunity, you can do what you want since your colony has claimed these lands, you can do anything you want to anyone here without anyone being able to complain. If you want to murder me, or anyone in this city."

Turning to Vektor “You may hate me, but we are straightforward with our feelings. When we want you dead we tell you, when we wish to deal we tell you. He ties a leash around your neck and gets you to thank him. Just remember this day when you wake up.”

Turning to everyone “Oh if you shatter the simulacra please return the camera to me outside, i would prefer it not be stolen, i just bought this thing last month”

The simulacra of Toth continues to film the procceding waiting to see who would shatter it.

"I am sorry Honored Delegates and Monks but the points made by Brooke and even the inquisitor cannot be pushed aside at this point. " She looked around the table and shook her head.
"The claims of Doyst Vesk completely alter the situation and render this agreement pointless. If they own the land and the tribes defer to that claim of ownership and further that they are an endangered animal species their consent regarding the train and the location or disposition of the stations becomes moot. As that’s the case further concessions to them are not needed. Rather Doyst Vesk must modify their agreement with Chooru if any of the things we’ve already discussed are to happen. And I am not authorized to change that agreement. I am authorized to deal with representatives of the olgog tribes as sovereign bodies not animals on a preserve which is a holding of Doyst Vesk. You must decide which you are now. Then the appropriate bodies can complete any deals. " She looked directly at Sira and the gathered monks. "If you meant to make this proclamation all along knowing it would totally alter the talks I must wonder why you have waited until now to make it. "

“Toth if you demand i hit you i will,” said Sira and faster than anyone could blink Sira had flicked the constructs nose. Where he flicked it a large bright red clown nose appears on the construct also created from light leyas, “Beware Mr Toth. My next hit will make obvious the clown shoes you seem to fill.”

Sira would excuse himself and take General Mapel and Agent Brooke off to a warded area to prevent inquisition spying.

He would say ONLY to General Mapel and Agent Brook,"It is fully the intention of the Brotherhood to gift these lands except those held by the EEF directly to the Olgog nation that forms here. If as many fear the Brezans keep fighting a civil war we will act as stewards until they are ready to rule themselves.

As many have said we do not want to back one Olgog group to oppress others.

I just have a deep dislike of the Church of One. They are little more than servants in waiting to my nemesis the Accuser. Anytime they extend ahand in friendship the other holds a poison dagger."

"I am also concerned that you agree with an Inquisitor that somehow humans are not also animals.

If humans were taken by the Quall and placed in a zoo you would still call it a zoo even though humans are in it.
Therefore when humans take an alien species and places them in a zoo its still a zoo.

Zoo is a politer term for the death camps the Church of One has made."

“I also did not intend to make this proclimation all along. It was when i discovered and relayed to the brothers of the mind that the EEF only claimed a small part of Brez and that Dunesphere had no legal right to any of it that those above me decided on this course of action.”

"Their point of view was that the EEF should have taken this action.

The EEF still retains all military bases in this region.

Throughout this negotiation we have all acted as if the Church of One had a right to these lands. Now that question has been answered. Beyond that and changing th location from Thomasville to Simonsburg no changes have occurred to the diplomatic situation.

Originally the Brezans claimed independent rule and the Church of One denied it.

Now the Brezans claim independant rule and the VofV supports their independant rule.

What other questions do you have about the lands set aside for native rule?"

Agent Brooke frowned, "To be honest I do not care about your feelings about the Church, though I believe antagonizing them is foolish, pawns they might be but if you keep prodding them they will react violently and then you are just serving Warmonger.

As to your plan involving the Olgogs, the Colonies greatly disapprove, after the Goblin Genocide we made laws preventing colonies from simply declaring ownership of lands owned by anyone outside our boarders. You mignt no know this due to being isolated for so long but by standard colonial law what you are doing is illegal, independent towns regardless of race or religon are protected from siezure. While you may claim to want to hand over the land the colonies cannot support your current tactics as they have been abused in the past. We also dislike this stewardship plan, there is no indication that the Brezan people have chosen a single ruling body, so it is guarenteed that you will be controlling the city for the near future.

If you want to recognize any Olgog nation that is fine, but this blatent land grab is not acceptable by the colonies. The Olgog cities must make their nations under their own authority.
As for the towns allied with the Church, while I dislike the Church like most rational people declaring that since they are friends with the Church they have no rights to their own property is against current colonial policy.

You are a separate nation from the Colonies, we will not interfere either way. until you withdraw your forces and renounce all claims to these lands the Colonies will not recognize any nation that forms. Also if your actions cause conflict with any locals the EEF will not join in to aid either side.

As for not backing any Olgog group to oppress the other, we have no information about what kind of nation they are forming. We will need to examine what they come up with before establishing diplomatic ties.

To be honest the Colonies will disaprove of your actions here as it looks like a power play. Until we are convinced of your intentions we will not support you. The station here is fine since you made that agreement directly with Chooru but further diplomatic actions will not happen under the current circumstances."

“I find must agree with Brooke. It was unlikely that the agreement we offered would not result in some conflict as not all the tribes are represented. But your idea seems guaranteed to cause the civil war you say you wish to avoid. The tribes will fragment. Some will welcome your plan others will fight and only chaos will result. And really as for your claim that we are all animals. Biologically yes of course. However sentient animals like earthers, olgogs or my people are a different matter. I may not wish to see all mal’ie rounded up into zoos or ranches but I do not expect to sign treaties with them either. Secondly your claim of their being endangered is tenuous at best. We stand in a city which is home to over one million of them. And it is only one of their communities. What of colonial olgogs who come here? Will they be detained due to their ‘endangered’ status? Or if a criminal olgog came here to hide? Would such be spared justice because half the continent is a nature preserve?”

Auf Lalur’ab says “We are in the beginning stages of one nation. I spoke with my Elder Auf Lalder just after he got back. We have everything we need to solve the issues of Food, water, and Knowledge which tend to drive the Tribes to fight each other. We just need time to do the hard part about nation building.”

(OCC week 9 (beginning of week) Tla’loc’al got laser attacked. So i’m bringing this up. )

Back to the group Lalur’ab says "Enough talk about zoos for now. There is a more important issue I was just alerted to. I do want an explanation as to why the EEF attacked us from the sky. You are the only ones with Lasers in the sky. Thousands of Gogs were killed and given final death.

We are confused as to why the EEF attacked us. Us in Tla’loc’al thought our recent ventures to work together were improving relations.

Was this in response to Sira’s moves to claim these lands? Your lack of approval? The gogs who went discuss how to create this nation were in the area of these attacks. Was it aimed at them? "

As sira led them back to the diplomats Sira said,"I am sad that we could not find a middle ground now that the church is no longer spreading their hate here. I did not forsee such an uproar about terms designed to make Death camps illegal and a prosecutable offense.

As for native criminals what happened to criminals who escaped here originally? Tracked down by the EEF, that would still be viable. We only classified Feral Olgogs as the endangered species any colonial citizen in your lands would still be a colonial citizen and we would help you apprehend them.

Zoo or not, the question remains if you are saying you are no longer allowing this Hovertrain to pull into Chooru station?"

At Lalurabs comment Sira would come up short, “The EEF has been orbitally attacking the Olgogs??
General Mapel please explain.”

*In the warded area General Ma’pel com crystal suddenly started to beep she activated it and listened to the crystal having from her war. As she listened color drained from her features and she suddenly ran back to the square where the meeting was taking place( we can assume that’s when Lalur’ab spoke)

I have just learned of this attack myself. It was not an EEF attack and certainly not in response to anything said here. I have not even reported back to the Colony General or the Field Marshal yet and I assure you neither of them is s the type of person to deploy orbital weapons against civilians. I am pained to say this attack was the result of a third party who managed to hijack part of the orbital defenses for a time. Steps have been taken to prevent further attacks and capture the guilty party. The Field Marshal is already attempting to contact your leaders and make amends how and where possible."
Turning to Sira she spoke. "No you misunderstand me. If the tribes are agreeable to your terms we shall abide by them. It is their choice to make. However, if they agree then the entire reason I have come here is moot. I can not make a deal with them if they are ceding authority to you the agreements we have reached will have to renegotiated in light of new realities. However there is no reason to stop the trains. "

Agent Brooke looked oddly at Sira "You are attempting to sensationalize my statement to suggest that I support Death Camps, I find that offensive Sira that is unworthy of you. Also seizing all of this land is not a middle ground, negotiating with all parties is a middle ground. Your actions will cause open warfare between Church soldiers and your soldiers. The Church’s actions here are deplorable but they are outside the authority of the Earther colonies, we do not take sides in wars that do not involve us. Your actions are furthering chaos which would give you an excuse to move military power into the region.

What we need to do is negotiate a ceasing of hostilities on all sides and have each group to withdraw military power from the region. We already have heard of increased Warmonger’s Dead activity, now you want to start more conflict? You and the Church both seem quite eager to cause a war."

Auf Lalur’ab says "There is one enemy that recently took an EEF Olgog in power armor as a champion. A member of our tribe knows this Olgog the Olgog. The one that had a bomb around his neck because he would do stupid and reckless stuff if something wasn’t keeping him in line. Auf Lalder did not make an appearance here as he is preparing to lead a rescue and stop a horrible ceremony from being performed by this enemy. If the attack was not you, and this attack was not the Church of One, this is the only one I would gain from the loss of our leaders.

This enemy is called Mag Buskt. They are on his original island. But I do not know more than that.

If you wish to do something for us Olgogs for this error that killed thousands. Work with Sira to keep the Church of One out of our borders. Help us get the Church to close those death camps. Outlaw the trade in our teeth and hides within the Colonies. For every hide that is sold, a gog is murdered. Allow the trains through, as we could use the trade and the ability to show the rest of refuge that we are not what the church says. And when we have our nation built, recognize us. Meet with our leaders.

Nothing will make up for the loss of life, but lets make something of this. We are so close.

"

Sira just looked oddly at Brook and replied, "The armies of Dunesphere have not negotiated in good faith.i simply gave them a taste of their own medicine.

I seek to sensationalize nothing if i did i would have discussed those elements in front of all instead i took you and general mapel to the side so we could discuss in private matters of colonial law.

In your claim to support religious freedom you have allowed them to run Death camps. Not you personally, but the governments you represent.

They demanded as part of the negotiation to keep running death camps. They used weasel words to hide it in diplomacy but they directly demanded to keep killing and abusing natives in their territory and to wrongfully imprison Natives elsewhere. The Dunesphere diplomat refused to withdraw any forces from the land they took. It was never on the table from their end of the negotiations. They wanted to continue tormenting any natives found in the lands they illegally held under your own laws.

I ask again are you stating that Chooru will turn away the Hovertrain when it arrives at the stop in Chooru?"

Sira herd the words and turned to General Mapel,“Thank you general i appreciate your understanding in keeping the train on schedule.”

Vektor was supremely irritated. The K’iorn and the Earthers were bickering among each other. Then he heard that there was a massive strike on the Olgog in Tla’loc’al and it took all his will power not to blow-up. He let the Earthers and the K’iorn make their arguements and then spoke up.

“Enough of you Earthers and your politics… the moment someone finds a decent solution to end the endless conquest of our tribal lands, you find a way to complicate it.” He looked at Agent Brooke, “To speak to your point, there is no middleground in this war of oppression that we have been victims of since your kind invaded this planet. Your colonial government no longer sanctions the death of the olgog like they used to, but not actively stopping it is just the same as sanctioning it. So tell me this, what would it take for the Hatebreeders to promise never to raise a hand against our kind ever again? And I don’t just mean here in our lands… I mean anywhere on this planet, including their home in Dunesphere.” He then looked at General Mapel, “you may answer the question as well.”

General Ma’pel turned first to Auf Lalur’ab. “The trade of ol’gog hides and teeth is illegal in the colonies and has been for some time except in Dunesphere. They only trade such things amongst themselves no one else has any need or wish for them. They do not openly trade them. As long as they restrict such activities to the Wastes the EEF can not intercede. Perhaps the civilian authorities of the colonies could be persuaded to cease all trade with Dunesphere until they completely stop the practice. But Brooke would have to bring that suggestion to them. Perhaps to the Trade guild of Chooru? If they agreed to it the other colonies would likely go along.
As I have already said we have no desire to stop the trains. And will be happy to recognize any government you form or if you wish have Doyest Vesk speak for you in these matters that is your prerogative. I do not wish to stop talks. I merely point out that entering into such an arrangement with them will require many changes to arrangements already made. You have signed a treaty with the EEF and the Earther colonies and now you move to divest yourselves of governance and hand it to Doyest Vesk. That renders the agreement signed null as you have given over your right to sign treaties. At least that is how it seems to me. Perhaps there are details you need to work out with them before returning to this agreement.”
Turning to Vektor she regarded him carefully for a moment before replying.
“So I am to promise that no future colonial citizen will ever feel hate again? Can you promise that the Dead among you or the pit mongrels will never be a danger to the colonies or even yourselves? That no ologog pirate will ever again trouble Colonial shipping? That never again will ol’gog bandits trade slaves with Uth from the nightmare moors? That tomorrow no Brezian ganger will feel bitter hatred for earthers because of the church’s actions?No you cannot. Nor do I ask you to. There is no quick way to what you wish it took hundred of years to curtail the violence in Colonial lands and even now there are racists. That sadly is the nature of many people, they hate what is strange or different still we have and do actively stop crime in our lands including crime against ol’gogs. It takes time and small steps. Signing this agreement, normalizing trade, forcing the church to stop harvesting ol’gogs for their fur,without violence, if possible. The only way to achieve what you want is to undo the hate they have been taught since they were children. If you can think of a way to do that overnight I am open to hearing it.”