Meeting with EEF Officials (post-Mirror Crystal Invasion)

Urog nodded. “Another good deed by Uriel.” The Gangers all lifted their glasses once again to toast. Urog smiled. They were all going to get drunk at this rate. Shirley’s reputation precedes her, so likely that wouldn’t be a problem if she got drunk. Tusk was pacing herself. Tla’al would end up in a drunken pile on the floor, like a good Ur’Rhug was expected to do.

Urog used his shapeshift abilities to ignore the alcohol, but still enjoy the drink. He was surprised none of his fellow kings ever called him on it.

“More stories to tell of the great Uriel.” Urog also took a mental note about how VLAD agents weren’t officially recognized by the EEF. Map’le also avoiding giving a full answer. But at least she wasn’t lying.

“In Brez, we don’t have a culture for honoring the dead, so this is new to us. It’s also very uncomfortable, so I’m going to change the topic, if you don’t mind.” Considering Map’le hasn’t once objected, he assumed the K’iorn would allow it.

“Before meeting you, we had come across a stange K’iorn. He had no name, but called himself The Nnghao. And he drank a lot. More than Shirley, and that takes a lot.” Shirley, to emphasize the point, downed an entire pitcher of wine and belched. “I never thought twice about it, until you told me that if you betrayed your tribe and attacked them if they were wrong, you would become nnghao. I was hoping you can tell me more of my guest and what a nnghao is.”

“You have met The Nnghao?” The General replied. “He is a slightly different thing than other nnghao. In my peoples language the word nnghao means dark foreigner. It also means one who has in some way dishonored themselves or their tribe greatly. One such as this is cast out by the tribe and considered to be dead by their friends and family. The only way to redeem themselves is to go out into the world and seek a worthy honorable death in the service of their people or the Falosini. Many go to the plan of fire to kill as many Quall as they can before being killed. Others will find some local monster or tyrant and attempt to bring them down. They will do all they can to succeed but hope to die in the attempt all the same. often they simply die in their attempts. But thier honor is redeemed in the attempt.”
She paused and took a long drink of wine.
“As for The Nnghao has sought his honorable death for over one thousand years but has always survived hie ordeals. I do not truly know what his dishonor was but I know the stories say his mate was killed by earthers early in thier purges and as he failed to protect her he took up the Nnghao mantel.”

Urog pondered what the K’iorn had said about the Nnghao that was his guest so long ago. The K’iorn’s quest was to court death, but never found it. Urog wasn’t sure if he should think it sad or heroic.

“Earthers caused many problems in their early years.” He paused for effect. “But I think we both agree that was in the past. We’re here for new beginnings, so I won’t dwell on it anymore. The Nnghao was a good man. I hope he finds his honor. I also hope that his being a welcome guest in Brez doesn’t cause problems with the K’iorn.”

After waiting for a response, he continued. “So, I wish to understand a little more about how the Earther council works. We’re called a Provisional Colony. How does that differ with the other colonies? How does the Earther council make decisions?”

“Nnghao are banned from Ki’orn communities but we do not tell others who to allow into their onw homes. That is entirely your business.” She said happy to leave the topic aside as it was hardly a comfortable one."

“As for how the earthers govern it is simple in theory but tends to be more difficult in practice. Each colony runs itself most have ruling families others have elected officials or councils. !ostly each colony gets along on its own. If a problem effects more than one colony they convene a Colonial Assembley each colony along with the EEF sends a delegation and they discuss the issue and the best way to deal with it. Eventually they will create one or more proposals and then vote on which one to use. A simple majority wins he vote. The EEF can override the Assembely in the case of direct external threat, such as a foreign invasion or natural disaster that effects multiple colonies at once. Though such a ruling is only legally enforceable during the emergency.”

“The Provisional Colony system was created with the idea of second and third generation colonies forming. The idea was that as colonies grew and towns spread further form them more local systems would be needed so large communities which where growing independent of their mother colony could apply to the Assembly for Provisional Colony status. This allowed them to be freed from direct control of their base colony. They are then given a of time, usually five years, to set up their own government and show that they can effectively govern themselves and contribute to the Colonies as a whole. During this time they are not allowed a voice in the Assembly but are bound to contribute to the EEF for mutal defense of all the Colonies. At the end of the Provisional term the Assembly votes on thier status again simple majority wins. If the vote passes the Provisional Colony is granted full status. It can now name a representative for the assembly as well as create its own laws”

Urog nodded. “Sounds familiar. So in this case, what would we offer the Earther authority?”

"In general each Colony contributes to the EEF and to trade. That is enough to make new Colonies worth our while. However each also offers unique things, art, culture and knowledge to all the others. I am sure we can learn from you as much as you can from us. In particular I hope that one pace things stabilize colonial ol’gog will,be able to visit these lands and get a sense of their people that has been long denied them.

General Map’el was mid meeting when her aide leaned in and whispered, "Sir, we have word from one of the Colony General’s classified projects out east. Two Olgog children have been recovered from an Old Vlad operation center. EEF intelligence has confirmed they are Lurtor Auf Lal’al and Olgog GulTor’Uf, as known as Olgog the Olgog. Both are quite young, and will be returned to their parents Aufgog Lalder and Uhryu Bill respectively within the week.

When you finish your meeting you have been tasked with delivering this information to these two Olgog Leaders. The Colony General sends his support and well wishes on what he knows will be challenging meeting."

General Ma’ple glanced at her aide and nodded. “Thank you,”. Looking back at Urog she continued. “Apologies for the interruption. I may have to 32nd out talk sooner than expected. But for now please if you have other questions continue.”