Planning for Bartsport for the Hammer of Protodoxa

“The Auf” of Ol’Lur entered the group. He had arrived much later than he had wanted to. He sat on the ground with his legs crossed, and set down his pole axe. He listened intently to the surrounding discussion, internally questioning the wisdom of spreading word of their mission to so many others. The defenses of Bartsport had been destroyed along with the rest of the city, but new fortifications were likely in place to thwart attempts to enter the bunker the same way as last time.

“Weeks ago, few gogs destroyed Bartsport. I saw gog weapons, didn’t care. Only saved fallen gogs. If hammer there then, may not now. May be hard to find. Could be anywhere. Won’t be easy.” Said the Aufgog. “Acid; may breach walls below hob. Shadows; hide gogs sneaking.” (OOC: Hide in Shadows)

Tor’ab said "I’ve decided I’m going to bring my apprentice with me, he’ll be able to help me dispatch any patrols quickly. He can see in the dark, which will give us the advantage to sneak up on them quietly. Besides, I need to get him away from the nice Aufs, don’t want too many good habits forming. " He then started to grin.

Tor’ab then looked toward the Auf and said “Not sure where to get someone to do an acid attack. I, myself am not that great of an Earthmancer. Question Auf, I asked this before you arrived. Would you have the ability to locate the Snipers so that we can find them without them finding us? One of my tribes Elders managed to find a burrowed creature with combining Earth and Healing Leyas.”

Kolgol leaned forward and said,

“I might have the answer to that. I previously was able to locate snipers by using sense tracks, and it worked very well. You are able to see the location of the enemy without necessarily needing to see them. Also, work with Vector on the patrols, he should be very helpful, and if you work together they shouldn’t get word out to their friends.”

“Ok, so we handle patrols long enough to get inside… then what?”

(OOC I have to travel on Friday, so I will need to post thursday night or friday morning)

Tor’ab said "So, Victor, Lalon, and myself will take out patrols. Meanwhile Kolog will use his experience and locate the snipers. Kolog can tell us and we’ll take them out. Now we are done with the Patrols and the snipers. The guards at the front a vulnerable. But should we take them out. Could we find a building near by and tunnel down to the bunker. This way we could avoid the inquisitors in the manor. If the snipers in the cellar become an issue, we could have one of the Aufs Posion cloud the snipers through a small opening in the tunnel before we come out.

When it comes to breaking into the bunker or vault, As Protodoxa has confidence in Grim, so will I. But I have a backup plan prepped in case its harder than we think it is.

Through the hole in the bunker we could again poison the inside of the Bunker with Poison Cloud. At this point, anyone who could ignore poison can go through the poison cleaning up anyone not affected by the poison. I plan to set of the traps with a corpse that has been instilled with a nightmare. Let that walk ahead."

Tor’ab then said “Or we could try to take out the inquisitors one by one. But there is a large number of them. And it would take time.”

“The Auf” considered this last option and grimaced. “Speed, stealth; too important. No Time.”
Then, an idea struck him. “Leyas sight; Find hammer? Trackers; find path hammer taken.” There was a good chance that Protodoxa’s hammer and the other weapons had been moved to a more secure location, than the room where “The Auf” had last seen them. They could be in the bunker, the manor or worse; Seiderman could have them. If he had them, that would undoubtedly be an issue, and would most likely destroy any chance of this being a stealthy mission. “Use shadows; stay hidden inside. Tor’og, Tor’Lur, can do this.”
(OOC: Tor’Lur is Ol’Lur’s Tor’og Assassin. I could use him for this if necessary.)

TOr’ab said "The only problem with sticking to the shadows only is any traps. I don’t think we’ll be able to pull shadow walking.

I could agree with Avoiding the Patrols. Lalon (Juvenile with shadow and light lvl 1) can see like its day out at night. We could sneak around without confronting them. The snipers outside I feel we would still need to take out though. We can track them down with sense tracks and Leyas sight. And then continue to use LEyas sight to try and track the hammer. This could also tell us where the inquisitors and the traps are.
in
Then we would need to get inside. we would then have to go through the front door or a window or a wall. We could use Vorpal Claws to cut a hole through the wall so we don’t set of a trap on the window.

Continuing using Leyas site and sense tracks, to avoid the inquisitors inside and make our way to the cellar where the bunker is. If I can take out an inquisitor quietly, I’ll use the Poisonbringer spear. Then instill a nightmare into the corpse to have it walk down to get the snipers to reveal themselfs. Then we take them out.

As for the bunker, We can have Grim break open the bunker. Then we follow the Leyas site to the location of the hammer or head to the vault where we think it could be.

Then either we get out the way we came in, or use one of their own vehicles to escape (as long as we have someone to pilot.). If we can’t find a vehicle to take when we get to an area the skimmers can approach, 2 skimmers will meetup with us to get us out of the area.
"

A tall thin figure wrapped in flesh and spirit robes the color of yi quietly stepped out of the shadows, a pair of Ur Mak in tow. A gleaming zela scimitar at one side, a springshot cannon on the other, a lal sandisk strapped to his back. The Gor’ab smiled mischievously.

“Kol’kar, of Og’orol. Whispers in the der say you’re planning a little visit to Bartsport. Room for a few more?”

(OOC based on the new description, I relize I was thinking of the wrong layout, so I’m going to recap differently)

Tor’ab “We can use more, specially anyone who can use their tech.”

TOr’ab said "The only problem with sticking to the shadows only is any traps. I don’t think we’ll be able to pull shadow walking.

I think we will have to take out the patrols with the tunnel being so vulnverable. Lalon (Juvenile with shadow and light lvl 1) can see like its day out at night. We could sneak up on the them and take them out quietly. The snipers we can track them down with sense tracks and Leyas sight. Leyas site will also help us figure out where the hammer is and could also tell us where the inquisitors and the traps are.

This is where we will need the tunneling to redig out the tunnel to the wall enough to break in. I suggest we move over a few feet to avoid the obvious trap.

As for the bunker, We can have Grim break open the bunker. Then we follow the Leyas site to the location of the hammer or head to the vault where we think it could be. We will continue to use Leyas sight and sense tracks, either avoid or take out the inquisitors inside. To take them out, I’ll use the Poisonbringer spear.
To avoid the traps, or at least have something else set them off, I’ll instill a nightmare in the corpse(s) to and send it in front to take the brunt of any trap or surprise attack. Tor’lur could do much the same.

We find the vault, break in, and take the hammer and leave.

Then either we get out the way we came in, or use one of their own vehicles to escape (as long as we have someone to pilot.). If we can’t find a vehicle to take when we get to an area the skimmers can approach, 2 skimmers will meetup with us to get us out of the area. I will have the skimmers waiting with camo cloaks over them at a certain point with a pilot waiting for our backup escape plan. Just in case.
"

“Well, Protodoxa, you got an enthusiastic bunch here.” Taking a drag off his cigar, Grim turned to the ancient Olgog, " so the plan is you, me and this bunch of kids are gonna break in and rob a palce that they just slaughtered a few weeks ago. Get past all the forces gaurding it, bust into a underground bunker, look for your damn hammer, which may or maynot still be there and doesn’t like me in the first place, and get out with out all of us dying. At least, you don’t want the impossible."

looking over the rest of the group, he shook his head. “Listen up kids, you got a decent plan going, but can i give ya a few tips? One: anything you did last time you were here, expect them to have a way to deal with it. They already know you can do it and have had time to think of how to stop you. not a good situation for you to be in.”

" Two, and i know you probably don’t want to hear this, but: it would be best if you didn’t kil everyone in town this time. No reason to give the other side more reason to hate and fear you. Fear, i guess is ok, but all hate will get you is more attacks. you want your enemy to decide that it is better to stay away from you than try to wipe you out. Killing all their troops just gives them some thing to show their people to get support for attacking you. Injuring and hamiliating the enemy troops is more affective at breaking their will to fight."

“Three, didn’t one of you say something about a hanger or someplace they keep vehicles? If thye expect you to either sneak thru town or tunnel into the side of the bunker, those are probably the most dangerous (and fun) ways to go about it. Sending a team in thru a second way is an idea. If nothing else they can keep the Oners from bringing any more people in thru that way.”

"I got more than enough explosive to open any vault but i figure that being sneaky is going to undermine their morale more in the long run. i have a pair of Blades that will cut right thru almost any wall, doors, or tanks you can think to name. "

“My main suggestion is still ‘don’t kill everyone. knock them out, disarm them , tie them up, and leave them alive to spread the story amongst the enemy. Any of you know that all hunters and soldiers gossip and tell tales around the campfire and in the barracks. They are the way to hobble the Oners army. If they lose the nerve to fight then your battle is half won. And the way to get the other Earthers to support you over the Oners is to show that you are merciful and civilized, not barbarians. And just for your guys’ knowledge civilized doesn’t necessarily mean living in cities and using technology. It means working together for the good of your people and showing respect to even those that disagree with you.”

Turning back to Protodoxa, Grim winked. “I knew those classes i sat in on at the University of Zelga would be good for somehting other than impressing the girls in the back row.”

Kol’kar shook him head. “Tech’s not my thing, however we can defiantly add to the cannon fodder. I’ll instill some nightmares, while Ba’hud and La’ou here can summon up hydras, nightmares, three-headed dogs, all sorts of nasties to scare them so bad they’ll run around like a bunch of ku’elo. One of these days I expect to turn around and find a mummy following them around or something.” At the mention of mummies, the Ur Maks behind him looked at each other wide eyed, shaking their heads.

Protodoxa roared with laughter, "See this is why I asked on Grim to help us.
He sees all the tiny details my big Olgog eyes miss.

I do know the Hammer is still there in Bartsport. I can feel it…like a heartbeat in the Leyas."

Vektor took in what Grim had said, nodding in agreement. “Ok, knock them out first. If they die, I can heal them.” He takes out a Church of One cross. “Their religion isn’t completely useless to us,” he said, with a wry smirk. “I’ve noticed, after stealing a number of them, that their horses tend to get…skittish. It’ll be dark. We’ll use tor’or to frighten the horses. A little bit of Ka’or will help the horses find a reason to run. They’ll just blame it on our demon magic, but will have no reason to suspect our action arrival.”

He paused to consider splitting up into two different teams, “Grim, if we go in through different ways, how will we know to meet, and then escape together seeing that we don’t know exactly where the hammer is?”

Tor’ab nodded "Ok, we will try to knock them out first, tie them up, and take their weapons. I was planning on taking their weapons already. There swords are very useful.

I do like scaring them, at least it can be a distraction before we knock them out. And they won’t immediately think its us. That will give us the distraction we need to take down some of the guards we can’t sneak up on. But if you anything thats not a nightmare, they will know its summoning. Hydras are not common in this part of the desert.

Should we split into 2 groups, or just go straight for the Hanger? where is it? I have not been there before.
"

Kolgol looked up and spoke. “The hanger is built…interestingly… It opens to a cliff face which looms over the ocean. I know not how this is possible, but when I stepped off the elevator, that is where it was. Also, they have large metal doors sealing the opening, although it may be possible to get them open.”

“The doors can be cut thru if necessary. I have a set of crystals that can talk to each other if we want to talk back and forth. Plus thinking about it, i can probably help with taking out the patrols. I know a trick to keep thier horns from calling reinforcements.”

Pulling out a large dagger with a odd sheen to the blade, he says “There is nothing i have found that this blade can’t slice thru given time. The blade was forged using blood from a friend of mine. He gave me a sample of the work he has been doing. Man, if he was here getting in there would be so easy, it would take all the fun out of this.”

Vektor was really confused. “So Grim has crystals??” He raises his brow, questioniningly, “that allow us to talk?? Ok, so then me, Torab, and Kolgol are on guard duty. Kolgol will take out the snipers while me and my young ones will make the shadows dance. Torab will help me then disable the guards. Once we do that, who is going through the metal doors, who is digging underneath?”

Kolgol smiled. “Using earth leyas, I can easily and quietly create a tunnel into the bunker. I will commence when we are safely out of the guard’s sight. Also, I have a decent head for the inner layout, so I could lead one team in.”

Tor’ab said "We have 2 entrances we have to cut through. Grim won’t be able to do both. How do we want to handle this?

I suggest we just go in through the Hanger doors. Instead of using Earth Leyas to dig down to the bunker, we could use Kolgol to generate a tunnel down to the outside of the hanger metal doors safely. They may not see that coming. They will expect us to come through the tunnel we had before.

We can still take out, I mean knock out the guards and snipers around, and then make it to the the hanger doors. If they discover the guards down, they will start looking for us near the original tunnel.

Also, Grim, could you plant some explosives on their vehicles that we don’t use? That way they would not be able to follow us on our escape. Then we would just have to decide if we are going to escape out the front door, or back the way we came.

Kolgol will also be helpful in any team going that way to get through the elevators to the vault as he’s been through there.

"

“What’s an elevator?”