The Der'al Collective

[ooc as we do not have a player currently leading the Armies of Eloga, the Armies of Eloga will often vote in accordance with the Majority. In this case please vote and then I will calculate the vote results]

Dar’ab wrinkled his brow “Do this already. Why vote, already do. Tor’Lallur run Tor’Lallur. You run You. If want yes, then yes. But think vote thing stupid so far.”

“I vote yes”

the apprentice stayed silent for some time.

and then said

“No”

While all of us here may have good and just laws, there are some tribes that don’t. Recently our tribe was involve with others who decided killing other gogs was okay, because they didn’t have a rule against it. We at Gultor’uf see this as a morally deficient, and we believe all gogs must act to stop horrors such as this.

This would also cause issues with tribes that have borders that cross. I know of many tribes that share the same land in karov, we just wander on it at different parts of the year. Whose laws will be the law of the territory then?

This is a well meaning law, but we must thing about how we say things, how they are phrased. Just because we are well intentioned doesn’t mean others will read what we intended the laws to be.

The Dimension Walker looked over at the ambassador from GulTor’Uf.

In his best Vellum voice he said, "You are asking the law be rephrased?
Then provide us a variation of wording. "

Barring the use of final death and slavery [We will discuss that later]. I would want to set up a government as such.

We have a large group to oversee things between Talocal, Karov, Unen, Brez, and the southern {feral} land.

Each of these areas would have their own government, but dealing with local issues.

And each tribe would have whatever decision making process they currently have.

If something {event or crime} happens within a tribe, it is taken care of solely that tribe, Unless they ask for help.

If something happens between two tribes in the same area, than the local [Brez|Unen|Talocal|Karov|Southernlands] government takes care of it.

If something happens between two tribes of different areas then it would be the largest part that takes care of it.

I believe this would make most issues be taken care of the respective areas, and inside the tribes. This also removes the issue of having “territories”, and spells out which part would have “juristiction”. I would love to have something simple, but the UTR did simple laws. Our head Uhryu heard them say killing the “ferals” was okay, because there was no law against it. They were called ferals, like they are some wild animals. We have worked extensively with them, and they are anything but. They have various symbols that are common acrossed every area, used to leave messages. The symbols, while they are few, are made to represent the shape a gogs mouth is when they are spoken. We have been collecting and correlating the ones we have found, to codify into the written language . . .

I’m sorry for the digression, it is just hard to have so many gogs displaced and come to you for food, water and shelter because of the inconsiderate thing other tribes do, especially since they do have so much to offer, if you just listen.

Vellum was taken aback since slavery was the only thing that the Elogans demanded.

"Are you saying

No slavery of Olgogs

Or no slavery at all.

If its the no slavery of any species, does GulTor’Uf plan on releasing all of its herds to roam free?"

Primarily, no slavery of any sentient being. Like I said, we wish for there a way to encourage the tribes that currently participate in slavery to move on to some other type of commerce. We find that slavery, other than being morally detestable, is unlikely to grow a society. It becomes hard because the being that are slaves generally put you under a state of fear of revolt. We also understand changing in a day or even a year would cause undo harm to both the current beings in slavery and the being slaving themselves. This is why Gultor’uf is suggesting a 30 year plan to change over. 30 years is one generation, and that should be enough time to bring about change without causing harm to others.

Inside Gultor’uf, our ontors are concerned that we feed and provide water for them, and we ask if they will take us places. It is a nice partnership. When we hunt, it is a game between our hunters and the packs around our tribes, if we win we eat meat, if we don’t. The Ma’lie are also the same way, if we provide them with food and water, we are able to use them for food. They are an oddity, I might say, they let us kill and eat them. Then we revive them from the bones. We have about 40, so each one goes through this cycle about once a lunar cycle. We tend to leave the young out, and when the old die from age, we let them become one with the cycle of life again.

It has been an interesting transition to watch, if I say so myself.

The Elogan representative Oliver stepped forward

"Excuse me respected Ambassadors of GulTor’Uf and Army of the True Flame. This does not appear to be a rephrasing of the law. The Ambassador of GulTor’Uf has provided his vote of No. He has explained why he disagrees with the law.

If we are to vote then a majority will triumph.

Also realize that later we can choose to ammend these laws.

The majority has called for passing of Law 1. The Law passes as written.

If you would like to suggest a law 2 dealing with slavery and final death of Olgogs we can vote on that.
I will vote No if your law states creatures like Ontor, Malie, Yadols, Armorfiends and Swordfiends and Stalkers are to be protected by this law.

My people eat Malie with or without their permission and Armorfiends and Swordfiends simply cannot be allowed to run free."

After writing down the law, the vote and the outcome Scribe stood and said “As we have determined that each tribe holds rights to their own ways I place before this gathering a idea for Law 2 For crimes against other tribes the offender must serve a time in servitude to the wronged to be determined based on the severity of their crime.”
After which he will return to keeping a record of the meeting, assigning himself the job of keeping records and meeting minutes.

Vellum said to Dar’ab, “Your insight is wished on this 2nd law, Dar’ab, honored Ambassador of Tor’lallur.
I enjoy your insight on these matters my new friend.”

Dar’ab scratched his head, some fleas jumped out, but soon made their way back in. “How know, long serve be? If take food, how long? Kill, how long? Crime bad, punish bad. Each tribe, different. Like said, make strong. Attack tribe make weak, criminal, make tribe like fore. No see wrong, agree. But, want know more. Need, detail. If no know, how right punish?”

Dar’ab stares at Vellum, “Oh, one thing…what insight mean?”

Scribe nodded to Dar’ab’s words " That is why I said it was an idea and not a vote to make it law. so that we can choose the length of time. And insight means the way you think about what is going on or being talked about."

The news that The tribe of Torlalur is infecting and killing the ferals, as a part of worship infuriated the Uhryu. This is what his tribe was trying so long to stop, but these people don’t take council.

He looks around and almost shouts, the tribe of Tor’Lallur is spreading plaugue and diesease, and everyone in here have indemnified them, because it is in “their” own territory. They are causing death and destruction, and by everyones vote but Gultor’uf, this is fine.

Gultor’uf can not join anything that will create laws that lead to injustice and death. Gultor’uf will not join the Mag Deral collective.

And with that the uhryu leaves.

Vellum looked around, “For someone always talking about peace, those GulTotUf are quick to declare war.”

Scrib nodded sadden that he may be loosing his first student before he had even started teaching.

"That reminds me. We have not come up with a Flag for our Collective. When we are finished with the law talks I think that should be our next choice.

Vellum turned towards Scribe, “If the Tor’Lallur and GulTor’Uf go to war any flag we make will be meaningless.
I suggest we try and create some laws post haste. These laws will only be effacious if they will offset the GulTor’Ufs fear of attack by focusing Tor Lallurs religious conversion centers on foreign soil. I had a thought. A government sponsored learning center where the Pit of Torlallur, The True Flame doctrine, and the Elogans can teach foreign tribes about our beliefs. Places of peaceful coexistence and conversion of their citizens into our faithful.”

“If GulTor’Uf chooses to abandon the path of Warmonger I also request that they be allowed to return to the Der’al Collective.”

Quill who had presented himself as Vellums assistant returned to the meeting after some time.
His fur was caked by sweat from running. He felt a stitch in his side. Getting old was tiring, he thought as he adjusted his uniform.

"I propose a 2nd law.
Each tribe will assign a member for the creation of a legal body. This legal body will investigate crimes between tribes of the Der’al collective.
One each. They will also vote on guilt or innocence of an individual.
As Scribe is but one Not a tribe, instead of a vote of guilt or innocence, Scribe will take notes during legal proceedings and will have the opportunity to act as a tie breaker in the case of a tied vote.
Punishment will also be voted on seperately once the vote of guilt or innocence is assessed.

Does anyone else support this as our second law? Does anyone want the wording changed?"

“I Second this law and Vote yes to make it so.” Scribe said a smile of pure joy on his face.

Vote on Law 2 is now underway