The Der'al Collective

“You’re not too smart Lal-yawn and more than rude than I am. I can still hear you. Naughty, naughty.”

“Oliver, Quill? These caves the UTR are sub-standard for your needs in the time frame you need. The way I know can get you feeding a 1 million people for the space of less than 150 acres. In 6 months. Normally it takes 1 acre to feed one person, a 1,000,000 acres for a 1,000,000 olgogs - that’s 1,562.5 sq miles for a 1 million more people.”

“In short, I can tell you how to grow food in less than a square mile. With your layas techniques that are easier and within reach of a low level leyas users. For free.”

“But lets not dance around the question you guys have been wanted to ask but been too polite to voice: Why did I choose to work with Olgog the Olgog. Feel freee to ask me.”

Quill looked up from where he was privately talking to Auf Lalyan. Since Godart was talking about stuff Lalyan and Quill were discussing in private away from the commcrystal and Godart somehow heard what they were talking about anyway (see above where it clearly says Quill and Lalyan were speaking away from commcrystals. Please edit your post to not be meta. Thank you.)

OCC:
I disagree. lalder did not make it clear in his post. Saying “Auf Lalyan says quietly to Quill…” is not enough when you guys are in the same room with a comm crystal. I can’t assume you, The Ka Gor Tribe, left the room with lalder’s character out ear shot. lalder was not concise enough with his post for me to know that. Having voiced that, I respect your concerns about meta-gaming because it’s a good point. Unless otherwise stated at this point, I’ll assume any post between those two characters, my character can’t hear for our sanity’s sake.

Dar’ab had nodded off, he hated these meetings, so boring. Nothing he was hearing had anything to do with his tribe. With all of the raised voices however Dar’ab woke with a bit of a start. Shaking his head he listened to the commotion just in time to hear Oliver rant about Brezan Beauty Queens or something. Quill had a point, Oliver usually was a bit calmer. Listening to each side Dar’ab decided that he really didn’t like anyone talking. Godart seemed like a jerk, and Dar’ab never liked Lalyan.

Dar’ab stood up suddenly with a growl. “Dar’ab have question! What Neliff?” Also remembering another conversation that happened "No food from Earthgor! No trust earthgor. Also no trust Lalyangog…mainly Dar’ab cranky. Noisygogs loud.

Dar’ab suggest Yyan do what want. DC secure area after. Gogs come no invited, on own."

Dar’ab walks over to Oliver “Why talk weird? Breath deep be calm” (ironically breathing deeply next to Dar’ab tends to be harder with the foul smell coming off of him) Tor’lallur make magic hard dung. Make no hungry for week. Pass around, make many Gog no hungry for time. Eat less, no help for too many, but good some." (Artificed with Sustain, but feel free to believe that he is suggesting that everyone hold dung and lose their appetite)

Quill says, "An excellent suggestion Dar’ab, my friend.
This may help with some of the food problems.

What is your opinion about allowing Godart and friends access to Der’al Collective Airspace?"

Then realizing that may be over the Torlallurs head he says, "they want to fly airships into our lands multiple times over the next few weeks. "

“Magic dung that keeps a person not hungry? …for a week… You know what? Whoever said that, I can’t compete with that! …even know it’s not going to help everyone… How does that even work? Really confused at this point. Unm, really, who said that? Who are you?”

Dar’ab looked back and forth between Quill and Godart, looking at Quill first “What airship?”

Looking back at Godart “I Dar’ab”

over the comm crystal

“Dar’ab, I’m Godart of the Lucky Fate Squad. I’m passing though Oliver’s lands and some giants are looking at my group funny. Not funny ha ha but funny oh no. I’m dragging a whole load stuff and I’m tired of walking into other people’s back yards and ticking them off. And someone also says ‘Are we there yet?’ and that wears on you.”

Sighs and groans can be heard in background.

“Somebody had the great idea of using airships to transport this stuff. And it’s a great idea because there is less stuff in air that’s trying to kill you. BUT… I don’t want to get shot down and need to get permission to travel though the Der’al collective and get access to Ambassador Vahnan. I want to talk to Vahnan because then I can talk to the giants. If I can talk to the giants, I can ask them why they are following us.”

Oliver sniffled a little at Dar’ab and said, “My breathing is fine and I am not talking weird.
I am Oliver of the Kolgul Militia, advisor to Bo’gan of the Armies of Eloga.”

“Sorry Dar’ab its been a long long day. We should have a vote.”

“Do we allow Godart’s Gang access to Der’al Collective airspace to use airships to remove their cargo and gogs from our lands ?”

Oliver prepares for the vote. All physically present notice his eyes seem a bit erratic. He leans heavily as he waits to hear The True Flame and the Tor Lallur votes.

Quill said, “I vote to allow them with the qualification that in the future when moving tons of materials through our territory Godarts Gang will contact us first. As will all others who hear of this vote. That is a good foundation for a social contract moving ahead.
I also firmly believe all peoples should be allowed to rescue their own from inhospitable territory.”

Dar’ab glanced at Oliver, “Still wierd, but okay. Now vote. Dar’ab say, Godartgog violate lands. That bad. Say sorry, that good. Want spend long time move stuff, that bad. Dar’ab say, Godartgog pay stuff. Oliver, Quill, Dar’ab send three each, take armfull of stuff, then good. Future, if permission, no need give stuff.”

Oliver snuffles a little wiping away blood from his nose again.
He says, “there you go Godart. You can use our airspace as long as 1) in all future treks through DC lands you contact us first and 2) Nine representatives will come to your location and each bring an armfull of stuff as tribute back to the Der’al Collective.
If you accept these terms your airships may fly in. If not then I would recommend you make hasty feet towards the nearest border before calling in any air support.”

After signalling the end of the vote, Oliver slumped down next to his podium. A KGM aide ran over and began checking his vital signs, the aide said, “whew Mr. Oliver should be fine. Please bear with us while he is checked out by the KGM medics. I suspect he may have just been enjoying the revelry too much for his health.”
The KGM soldiers placed Oliver on his shield and carried him from the chamber.

“It’s a deal. Cross my heart and hope to live. You guys can come and pick up what you want right now. Feel free to bring some friends but you might want to bring you own supplies if you want to camp out a few weeks with us.”

“Boy it got quiet in there. Could some one point me out how to where Ambassador Vahnan is in the mountains of the Yyan?”

–After Godarts Commcrystal is removed from the Der’al Collective Chamber.–

Quill was sitting with Lalyan discussing the matter of border defense. Suddenly a private commcrystal buzzed and Quill picked it up. He listened intently for a few moments.

Quill stood abruptly and called over Dar’ab of the Tor Lallur.

"Dar’ab my friend. Our lands are threatened by a parasite organism called a Neliff. Warlord Gobbog has found them controlling Yyan Giants in DC lands.

Would your tribe have any interest in helping us against this threat?"

“The Army of the True Flame will mobilize with the Auf Lal’al to find these Neliff nests. I would like the help of the Tor Lallur.”