To the Victor Go the Spoils

The answer made no sense to Hikiti. Brezans have been fighting for centuries against each other for tiny square patches of ground just to grow a single herb, not to mention hunting rights beyond the borders of Brez. Territories are obviously staked and made known between the Gangs. Encroachment meant a fight. If you wanted something in the other gang’s territory, you either challenged for it or traded for it. This Earther saying that the Olgog should allow Earthers to encroach their territories made no sense to him.

He knew and understood that this skirmish would cause further problems; sometimes, defeating the enemy gang only postponed bigger fights. What he wanted to know, and didn’t understand, was how to communicate better with the Earthers.

“Defeating gor doesn’t always solve problems. Got it. But if gor invades hunting grounds, hunting grounds must be defended. It is our way. So it doesn’t answer my question, how do we tell gor when they’re doing something wrong? They don’t understand our speech like you do. Most of us don’t understand or speak theirs, either. You keep saying we have to try harder, but how if we can’t even speak to each other?”

Candy tried to understand a better way to explain. “If i told you now that the air you are breathing belongs to me, you should stop breathing and die what would you do? Would you stop breathing? Would you still do it? The earthers hunt to survive, you may lay claim to all of the animals in Brez but if their choice is to die or hunt, they will choose to hunt. You might be fine with them freezing in the winter but they will take the animals because they have no choice but to. Even if you managed to put up signs that they understood informing them that every single animal in these lands was off limits, they will still hunt because if they do not they will die. Might as well die trying to save themselves then to die doing nothing.”

Hikiti thought. “It depends… if you asked me to stop breathing, I’d tell you that you have no claim on the air in Brez. I’d then wait for you to respond. Either we’d agree on claim and trade, or we fight for the claim. Earthers are cold. Mok Hoblok have furs. Find own Mok Hoblok, not Brezan ones. If you don’t like our claim, either trade, or fight. We fight… we fought,” he says, pointing towards the battlefield. “What do Earthers do when two groups lay claim on the same thing?”

Agent Candy winks "I would say what gives you the right over anything here? Do you own the city of Brez? It is a city of gangs fighting for anything and everything. How can you claim anything that is outside your turf in the city? There is no singular ruler of Brez, you have no legitimate claim over any animals or air, you just want it. If you truly want to claim dominion over everything in Brez, perhaps you should take control of Brez.

As for what do humans do when two groups want the same thing, well that depends. Some will negotiate, some will steal, some will kill, different humans are different. Same with Olgogs, you have groups who look at everything around them and declare that everything belongs to them, some are too scared to take anything, etc. You have to recognize that different people have different personalities.
If you are referring to the Church, well once again depends on the person. If you are referring to the current leader of the Church armies in the Goblin lands, Grimadas or something, he seems reactionary to me, he seems hesitant with his forces. He won’t negotiate because he doesn’t understand that it is an option. He is too engrained with the notion that you are monsters, he doesn’t understand that there are more options."

VLAD Agent Candy and the Olgogs parted ways.

The Hovercopter of the Inquisition left as well. Their report would detail the following.

-The Olgogs did not have anything resembling leadership or a government.

-The Olgogs were still at a primitive enough level that they were attacking in response to attacks, Bartsport was an irregularity. They were not capable of preemptive action by design.

• While cunning, they did not have advanced weaponry and utilized the Leyas in minor ways but depended on their riding beasts.

All tribes involved in this adventure and Candy, gain 1 Amulet of Channel (Channel Leyas 6 successes). May take 1d6 (No A.R.) dmg and get 1 automatic Leyas success in exchange. May gain up to 6 automatic successes in exchange for 6d6 (No A.R.) dmg.