An Auf walks into a Bar

He eyed the glass in his hand, then set it down. “My home is south, in Rhug’na’ru. I think you may have heard of it, being from the Ol’lur tribe. But as for the decision, it was one to help my older allies rather than the new, overzealous ones.” He lifted the glass and motioned to Tlamak. “Your tribe and the Ka’rhug were the two to help, and then your tribe sat by and did nothing. Now defending Ka’rhug’s people may lead to the fall of both our tribes because of those angry fools who justify themselves with nothing more than ending Kolgol and all he has led astray
.”

Tlamak straightened up at this. “A Rhug’na’ruvian, eh? Well, ya won’t get any argument from me. I’m sympathetic to yer ideals. Gogs shouldn’t be punished for doin’ what they think is right.” He glanced around, and said “Ya didn’t hear it from me, but I figure that there’s too much military power in one place, and its tryin’ to eliminate potential threats among us gogs, rather than takin’ the fight to those who threaten all of these Goblin Lands.”

“But ya gotta trust me when I say that the Ol’Lur surely would 'ave helped ya, but the politics of the situation and the chief’s pacifist nature prevented us from taking either side.” He said.

He eyed Tlamak. “Thats something then. I haven’t spoken with the Auf in some time, but that sure does sound like him. But I do agree with your sentiment about focusing the proper resources against opponents that are against us, not part of us.”

Tlamak set down his dirty rag and the mug he’d been ‘cleaning’. “However, ya surely must understand that Kolgol of Ka Rhug did appear to be quite the threat. Especially after the events at Simonsburg. I’m not saying that warrants total extermination, but it is something to be considered.”

He shrugged, finishing his drink. “I spent three days considering, I am quite sure. I never really was on Kolgol’s side, but his people follow him rather blindly, so if I were to defend them, and not him… they may be rather against the idea. So I, by which I mean the Rhug’na’ru, must defend Kolgol to defend those that others would destroy to eliminate him.”

Tlamak listen respectfully for the other olgog to finish. “Aye, that’s no easy thing to bear. Tis a thing that makes ya sound with the compassion of my chief. I don’t know much about all these alliances and politics, but I know that if ya want to be heard, ya got to speak loudly. Perhaps theres still time to explain yer situation and save yer own.” He said. “Here, have one on the house.” he said, refilling the olgog’s mug from a keg.

He smirked, taking a large swig. His smirk dissipated for a moment, then he tipped his hat up, looking out the window to the sea. “You know, long ago, there was a ship of immutable sailing down the coast, searching for a young, lost olgog, when a terrible storm hit. Their ship ran aground, and they fled into the forest on the coast as the ship was submerged. Their Captain, Rhug’na Lok, decided to make the best of it and weather it out there, where they made their permanent home. After many years they were considered a part of the broader world with many people under their name. With bright minds leading the way they looked up, and went. They made friends and allies, enemies and grudges. They made mistakes and great inventions to cope with the Leyas. Then they stopped and helped their eldest ally, against forces nigh unbeatable. Another storm to weather, another lost olgog, and another beginning.”

He sipped the drink, looking back at Tlamak. “Those olgogs were the Rhug’na’ru, my own ancestor was their captain. I am Captain Reshed Lok, leader of the Rhug’na’ru and her people. I led us into another storm, and I will bear the consequences again.” He stared Tlamak in the eye, his face grim determination. After a moment a broad smile covered Reshed’s face, and he laughed. “That is how we tell it, the beginning of our people. Our tribe. But now I am left with spirits and a bad peg leg to await the “United” Tribes of Refuge, and whatever they have to say to me and my tribe, if they don’t go right ahead and murder my people anyway!”

He took a huge gulp from the glass, looking out the window again.

Urog’na had left for the bar owned by “the Auf” in hopes that he was there, or that Tlamak might be able to speak with him. When she found Reshed Lok and Tlamak together, she felt that things might get better. “Captain, Tlamak. It is good to see you both again. Glog sends his his best and hopes that you might meet with him Captain. He is trying to get in touch with the first members of the Union. Tlamak I was actually hoping you had some way to reach “the Auf”. We have tried for almost a month but he does not get our messages.”

Redhed, turned slightly to look at Urog’na. “I have no way to contact him, unless you simply want a ride on an airship there. Maybe Tlamak could help you more.” He sipped from his glass. “Why is Glog searching for the first members? And that would be my tribe, yours, Tlamak’s and the Ka’rhug, if I am not mistaken.”

“He wishes to talk on how to help the remaining Ka Rhug rebuild themselves, away from Kolaks influence. As such he wants to meet with the leaders of the other tribes. I came here hoping Tlamak could help us reach “the Auf” and then was going to go find you. You being here just made my trip faster is all.” She replied as she sat down.

Reshed raised an eyebrow. “Are you saying the battle for Mt. Rhug is finished?”

“I know not, but even still there are those in Karov or in other parts of these lands. We joined while I was gone but had told Glog back when he courted me that the tribes are all descended from great warriors, from as far back as before the children of the Falosini came to our home. We may disagree, but in the end we are all gog and when one is hurt it effects us all.”

Tlamak looked at Urog’na. “I could probably get message to “The Auf” if necessary. Although I wish ya luck with contacting Ka Rhug, givin’ the current situation.”

(OOC: By the way, I believe Rhug’na’ru was implying that we wait until the civil mission report is out to continue this conversation.)

A young gog in Rhug’na’ru military uniform, a wool jacket with metal emblem pinned on the lapel, rushed in, breathing heavily for a moment before standing straight and saluting Reshed. “Sir! Hide told us you may be here. We have news and you are requested to return to The Bunker immediately.” Reshed frowned, finishing his drink. He stood up and waved the olgog away, who ran to the entrance to wait. He cracked his back and turned to Tlamak. “It was a pleasure, I hope to return again.” He looked at Urog’na. “Have a message sent to me next time. I don’t need the distraction of interacting with others right now.” He have a quick wave to the two of them and walked to the door and motioned the soldier to lead the way. They would head to the battle damaged Cyclos 2 and head back as fast as possible.