Camp in the Shadow of the Trail of Auf Maglal

Tla’ab said cautously “I think we are letting Candy take away from the mission at hand. Candy, I’m told your a trader, would you have anything that we could use to bribe our way out of fighting the pit mongrels?”

Candy watches as Tla’ab walked followed her outside of the camp the Olgogs had set up. She puts away her com crystal and looks up "Indeed I am a merchant, and if i felt that you were doing something to try to preserve your kind or doing something noble I would be happy to oblige. However if you are attempting to seize the ruins to hand them over to Warmonger’s Dead, then I am not sure I can support that.

As you are friendly with Pit Mongrels and their Quall masters, why don’t you just start grabbing them and hand them over to your red friend? Or you can do your undead friends proud and just slaughter them? Why do you want to get out of fighting them? Do you simply want to wait until you have more firepower? Why would servants of Warmonger wish a non violent solution?"

Torlok’ab shook his head, wondering what was going thru the head of the heart her. ‘Leading the Dead to the ruins’ what idiocy. She obviously had no clue where the Dead came from. If he wante, he could probably walk right up to gates and be let in. This earther was like those who worked for the Ancient evils, she could not see beyond her own limited view or that of her masters.

" Bogan, I am not sure of this ‘candy’ person. she reminds me of those that used to serve the Ancient Evils. I really don’t trust those that try to spread distrust."

A figure suddenly steps out from behind a small hill a sort distance from camp and walks to stand next to Candy. It is covered head to foot in a heavy black robes with a deep hood. Where the face should be darkness pools and seems to swirl about there is only the barest hint of a face or even a head within. Long sharp quills jut out of the robes at random spots all over the figures body. The only flesh to be seen is on the hands. They are an unhealthy mottled grey and black. It’s fingers constantly fidget and dip in and out of various pockets and pouches on its robes. The hood swings to face Candy for a moment and nods before swinging to regard Tla’ab. Even as it stands unmoving shadows writhe about the cloaked figure as it nears people their shadows begin to act the same way moving independently of their owners twisting into different shapes and cavorting about.

Tla’ab “You really don’t understand us that well do you? My tribe has no relations with any of the tribes that have pit mongrels. Also with the exception of unit 817, we don’t work with Warmongers dead. In fact we have wiped out a number of them as we’ve been attacked. We also don’t go out of our way to kill gogs. we’re not all monsters that you earthers believe. Just like earthers, there are the bad ones. But for the majority there are always reasons if gogs fight.”

Tla’ab looks sadened by her words.

OOCSorry please ignore. I can’t seem to just delete the post

“Excuse me, but there is a Pit Mongrel right there. She seems to be part of your expedition. It’s hardly an illogical assumption for one to make that her presence here means you have dealings with her tribe. Not to mention that we have observed you all working in concert during recent conflicts with the Church of One. Candy’s deductions may be incorrect but they are hardly unreasonable at this time.” The figure seems to be about to say more but suddenly the hood swings again to look at an insect on a near by plant. The figure rushes over and pulling a notebook from a pocket starts taking many notes and drawing quick sketches of the bug.

"So, let me get this straight you do not work with Pit Mongrels or Warmongers dead…except for that Pit Mongrel and those Warmogner’s Dead? Pardon me but that just makes no sense, you say you don’t work with Warmonger’s Dead and then say except those Warmonger’s Dead. So you do work with Warmonger’s Dead, and there is a Pit Mongrel right there!

You look sad I am sad! You straight up contradicted yourself within the same sentence!"

Candy starts to fidget " And Damnit Uriel don’t sneak up on me! You look like something that will try to eat my face!

You can speak to them, I don’t understand they constantly contradict themselves with their statements and then seem to wonder what the heck i am talking about. They work with Pit Mongrels and Warmonger’s Dead and then say ‘not me!’ While standing right next to them. I don’t get it, is there a cultural thing I am just not understanding? I might as well say that I am not an earther i am just human!"

Candy looks exasperated.

Uriel looks up guiltily from the bug. “Sorry Candy. I would never eat your face. In fact I have never eaten anyone’s face.” Uriel pauses for moment and makes a thoughtful note in the margin of his book before closing it. He walks back over to Candy and faces Tla’ab again. “I’m sorry I didn’t properly introduce myself. I am Uriel. I’m, uh, an observer from the Colonies.” he holds his hand out to shake. Looking at it the black marks are actually inc stains and something seems to be moving and twitching just beneath the skin.

(OOC I will try to post on Friday morning, but I’m traveling friday.)

Tla’ab says "I guess thats what I get for spending all of my time in the skimmers. "

Tla’ab the considers, “So what are we doing about this mission. I know that myself and my tribesmen can help cool the lava to build a bridge. 2 of us can even cause a distraction with lights if needed. But we are unsure what is needed for us to help on this mission. And this is distracting from planning.”

"Colonials? I am Bo’gan, one of the leaders of the expedition. We are seeking the body of Eloga which has been kidnapped by the Dead and we suspect has been brought south. If you are here to help us, then tell us how? The last time colonials tried to help they sadly gunned down Cheiftian Tladol " said Bo’gan.

Turning back towards Tla’ab he says, “If you can cool the Lava that will help us across that section.”

“Then that will let us arrive at the Ruins. And then we will need to handle the Dead who guard our destination.”

Uriel dropped his hand and turned a bit to face Bo’gan.
“We have been sent to confirm or disprove claims the Church of One has been making regarding the state of affairs here in the south. They have been making some very disturbing accusations. Poisoned oasis, entire towns killed to the last person, large numbers of active Warmongers Dead. We’ve also heard rumors of atrocities by the church forces. It was deemed best that observers be sent to the area to see first hand. For the time being we will help you in any way you wish so long as it does not endanger the colonies. Personally I am very well versed in shadow leyas and have a great deal of knowledge about the ancient evils and their strongholds. I am sure that can be put to use here.”

Tla’ab looked in horror and said "The church said Gogs poisoned the Oasis? They bombed and destroyed one of holy Oasis. Then when they started loosing that battle, something exploded killing all around the Oasis and poisoning the water and ground. We had an elder there watching from a far who told us what happened.

Loosing that Oasis could kill many Gogs when winter comes. So many tribes decide to clean and rebuild the Oasis.

Then when gogs tried to clean it, they bombed it again. Killing everything in the area. Killing the ones trying to remove the Acid from the air and poison from the water and ground. The ones trying to save the land.

If you want, after this we can bring you to these sites where you can see the trash and shells. The destroyed plants. We can show you the side that you most likely don’t get to hear about. This is an offer from our Elder Lalder."

Uriel turned a bit to again address Tla’ab.
“We would be most grateful for that. After all we have come to see these things for ourselves since that is the only way to know the truth. The reports and rumors we have heard have been fragmentary at best. For instance we had not heard of a battle at a particular oasis rather rumor suggested that many different sites had been contaminated. Have you seen evidence of this?” Uriel reached into his cloak again removed a different notebook and pen from earlier and quickly filled several pages writing down the conversation so far. He held the book open pen posed to record anything else said.

Candy looked at Tla’ab, “the Church also claims that an Olgog named ‘Gul’al’ has been raising an army to invade their lands, also they have claimed that warparties of Olgogs have been attacking their towns unprovoked slaughtering people. Do you know anything about that? We will wish to investigate this oasis that you say that they poisoned and these villages that they claimed that you invaded.
Also if you can give details on why you all work with Pit Mongrels and Warmonger’s Dead and if you have been allowing them to take people and bodies for them to use.”

Tla’ab nodded. "Many questions. As I hope you know, each gog tribe, rules themselves. What I can speak for certain is about the tribal lands by Caverns of Tla’loc’al for cetain. For the Tribes of Brez and Krav, I know less for certain. And this is where the conflicts occur near those borders.

I know a bit about Jamesville and the initial attack that occured there was in a rescue mission of Auf Ur’sa Ur’tla’rapi who was favored by many tribes as she had helped many tribes gain access to water to survive.

I don’t know about the other cities like Bartsport. Maybe our elders know a bit more. But my tribe was occupied in covering some of our dead from some warmongers. We never let them take gogs of our tribe.

On the warmongers dead, we do battle most units of them, but there are a few units that are not under the same control. I don’t know much about this, but Unit 817 has proven themselves in defense of numerous tribes. And they do not take the dead of our tribes.

We should be able to go near some of these villages. But with most earther villages, my tribe does not go near as that may start a messy situation. Especially if there are Church of one earthers there. They shoot first and never ask questions then. And things are hostile enough without adding more chances for reason.

hmmm, did I miss anything. Sorry I’m not as informed as others maybe.

After this you are still welcome to travel with us. We will introduce you to our elders who can help get you to see what you want to see.
"

Candy smiled, “Do not worry, we will be following you all, I am glad you are telling us this, however our job is to observe first hand. If this Unit 817 is truly not under Warmonger’s control then we will have to observe this. After your mission is done here we will check out some of the things to the north.
We don’t want this area plunged into war, so we wish that no side try to escalate things. So we want to try to figure out how to get both the Olgogs and the Church to calm down.”