Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 20: An Article of Faith

Looking at U.A. Scribe said “The hospital idea would mean that anyone that gets infected gave permission. It will mean they are helping protect the olgogs from more harmful sicknesses. The more they collect the more they can protect them from. It also makes it so that any bad reactions or harsher illness can be treated which means the number of deaths. It protects all of Karov from plagues and germ warfare. They would be the defense that stops the outside forces that want to desimate these lands with something worse then what Tor’Lallur did.”

(OOC sorry for the lack of participation, its been a crazy week. Sick and had to makeup a ton of hours.)

Lallur had been quiet for a while listening to the back and forth. Then all of the pieces the Vellum put together. That was actually a great deal. He did not understand why the Gultor’uf tribe does not take it. War is always bad. Here they had a tribe of Plague vampyres willing to ton it down and even help with sickness. They still had to sistain themselves, but to so opening work with everyone was unheard of.

Lallur said to group "The ironic part of this is that Bill, who calls Lalder a Tyrant for Building farms because it might take land from others, amongst other reasons. Now, He is so bent on going to war, he would throw away a chance for peace amongst tribes they were almost in a nation with.

I understand Gultor’uf is under pressure because they took on too much responsibility.In my opinion at first, Dar’ab’s tribe, was in the wrong with their past actions against the ferals under Gultor’uf’s protection. But Dar’ab’s compromise resolves most of those complaints and gives the reinsurances needed to keep all parties involved from war. If Gultor’ur would accept them, this could just be done.

Why isn’t Bill here anyways? This seems important enough."

Then to Dar’ab, Lallur says "While I cannot speak for all of UtR, but I would like to bring your offer to Gultor’uf to my tribe if you would agree to the same for us. I understand you have to feed. For the occasional cold some gogs, your tribe only converting willing Gogs, not reinfecting the healed, help with any major disease, and knowing we would not have reason to fight in the future.

I know this discussion is not about us, but I would not want to miss a chance to have peace between our tribes."

"Peace does not appear overnight. It requires hard work, empathy and faith in the process of creating peace.
It requires a strong social contract, irrespective of prejudices.
Peace is hard work.

If Dar’ab agrees to your offer Lallur, and that choice lies firmly with him learned ambassador, then I offer on behalf of the Der’al collective to set up a Hospital and Embassy building in your tribal lands where healing,education and religious tolerance can go hand in hand.

This hospital embassy will be administrated and defended by the army of the True Flame.

And you will be encouraged and supported in exchange to build an embassy in the lands controlled by the True flame. For full openess our lands are under constant attack from Warmongers Dead. Any embassy you build would need to be able to push back the hated dead."

“Dar’abs olgogs must be allowed to maintain a small pit in the embassy for their own religious worship of course.”

Vellun says to Dar’ab, “Would the Tor Lallur value this opporunity to safely spread the Pit Faith among neighbors who welcome the Tor Lallur?” Then realize he may have spoken above Dar’abs head he said, “This is a safe way to honor your Pit and teach new gogs about the pit.”

To Vellum “What use is it to give qualifications, if you don’t believe me?”

To Lallur “You created farms, and took the land that was used for hunting and gathering away from other. This lead to tribes starving, and then attacking to gain sustenance. To which you claimed you were the victim, and force converted or killed the ones that were hungry. Perhaps if you listened back then, the starving gogs wouldn’t have been hungry and attacked out of desparation.”

To Scribe “I believe Torlallur and I both understood the hospital idea was not to infect others, it was to heal others.”

“There are two sides to every story.” Ka’zac intoned quietly.

"To help, or not to help, this is the choice that we are always presented with. Lalder took a risk by helping, and his intentions were not to harm the natives, but to create more food for all that live there. Yes, perhaps better communication could have been used to express our efforts, but in the end, his efforts resulted in a more prosperous and sustainable land. Is this a bad thing? While some were initially harmed, the result is the survival of far more gogs that were possible before.

“To me it seems the same with this offer of Tor’Lallur, to take a small sickness in exchange for the elimination of deadly diseases which would cause mass death in the long run, an offer that our tribe would readily accept, were it our choice to make.”

To Ka’zac, "If Dar’ab agrees to it, I make the same offer to you that I made with Lallur.
The Army of the True Flame has enough area in the space set aside for the Auf Lal’al embassy to set up one for the Ka Rhug as well.

This would be a good and rightous thing. One day the Army of the True Flame wanted to build a city. Now I can have my master architect Quill base the designs so it extends out from the Embassy area I will have set aside for Ka Rhug and Auf Lal’al.

Dar’ab, It is my personal assessment that expanding the Pit to both Ka Rhug and Auf Lal’al territories (in the confines of the Hospital Embassies) would allow your faith to reach many new potential congregants.

Irrespective of my opinion, I would like your input Dar’ab. You know your fellow tribals better than any of the intelligensia here. Would the Tor Lallur like to take part in this?"

To GulTorUf, “Unnamed Gog, why would I believe you if you dont even tell me your name? Not your title or job description or curriculum vitae, just your name.”

To Ka’zac Lallur says "Thank you for the defence of my elder. "

Lallur says to the gulTorUf gog " The farms he’s created feed many in our lands, in the UtR, and in Brez. Our farms are underground, they do not take hunting grounds. Ferals starved because of war and destructions caused by the Oners attacks leaving radiation, by Enemy tribes poisoning food, and other things that killed the natural life around Unen and other lands. Which once we realized, we, the UtR and even Tor Lallur tribe helped cleaned up. We fight the poisoner in Brez, but he is beyound our reach right now. The Ferals were hungry not due to our actions and some would not accept our help to help themselves. That is on them too.

But You make assumptions that are not always true. "

To Vellum and Dar’ab "There is a free city that Lalder started by the Train station in Tla’loc’al. This is a place of Learning for Olgogs and Earthers. A way for Earthers to learn we are not what the Oners say. This maybe a good place for us to try these embassies in our lands. It is not as neutral as Simionsburg, but the town is growing. And we can send some to the city you talk of Vellum.

Also, we are sending Olgogs to deal a blow against Unit 111 right now. Any support in this would help us and your tribes as well."

(OOC I know someone from Vellum’s tribe was there, but Lallur doesn’t know)

Dar’ab was pleasently surprised by the offers of both Lallur and Ka’zac, “Tor’lallur spread Pit to all willing. Can make separate Pit in lands. Pit must be cared for. Pit need tla, Pit need feed. Left over waste good. Waste from Gog body, waste from eat good too. (Basically it needs biological material, from extretment bones, unused parts of plants and animals etc) Also Gog who choose join Pit allow. Even if be one with Pit, must accept. If Pit return Gog must spread Pit. Use no kill mean, weak. (Vampyrs must feed) Weak spread mean more Gog must effect. (with weaker diseases like the common cold must affect more targets to get the same results then a stronger disease) Can have Gog make sure no spread too far. Set limit. In exchange, Gog from Tor’lallur take strong sick effect you Gogs away.”

Turning directly toward Lallur “No know 111, no harm Tor’Lallur, why Tor’Lallur harm 111?”

Ka’zac nodded, a small smile forming on his face. They didn’t even require ritual sacrifice, fantastic. He thought to himself.

“We can work out the particulars at a different time then. We’d be pleased to accept both an embassy and a … controlled … pit in our tribe. Although we’d welcome your wisdom in maintaining such a thing. We would also like to offer our own outreach to your tribes, an embassy of Ka’Rhug that can provide learning both in our religion, and in our leyas and crafts. I also believe it would be a step in bringing the UTR and the Der’al Collective closer as entities. I thank you for your graceful consideration on this matter.”

((Thought I had posted here, busy week))

Hob’rhug stumbled into the meeting, his helmet nearly falling off his head as he reached up to push it back up. He breathed in deeply, catching his breath. “I am sorry for the delay from the Rhug’na’ru. Our airship encountered forefront winds which slowed us down. I apologize for my tribe.” He bowed awkwardly to those present, obviously unsure about this whole meeting. “I hope our input can be valuable to both sides in resolving conflict.”

Shirley sighed. She didn’t want the Pit in Brez. She had enough problems. Dealing with the sick on a regular basis wasn’t on her list of things to handle.

“Sorr’, can’t let no Pit in Brez. We can’t provide what you need. My Brezan kin will destroy you if they find out yer tribe causes tha sickness. Just like they did the ferals. Constant fightin’ and stuff. Can’t let tha’ happen. But I do have an idea. Twice a year, we’ll have a prayer day, feast day, wha’ever … for you. Spread tha sickness. My Censorcraft will heal the sick from the sky. Everybody wins. But be ‘ware. If yer spreadin’ more than jus’ a cold, it’ll be a break o’ the peace. Otha than that, be at peace. No fightin’ or death needed. We ‘ave enough… don’ need more. Pray like ye like. Jus’ no stealin’ gog, killin’ gog, or anythin’ like that. Just let us know the two days and we’ll take care o’ it. And if something really bad hits us, yer’ll agree to help us. Also, this means no war ‘tween us. If yer ok wit’ that, we ok wit yer beleefs.”

Dar’ab shrugged at Shirley, " No Pit in Shirley land ok. No demand physical Pit in Shirley land. We spread weak strain of Pit to Gog Shirley specify. After 2 day we can take back, or you cure. If Gog ask join Pit, Shirley allow? No force, choice only. If really bad sick hurt Shirley tribe, we take. Peace, better then war."

Hob’rhug pulled a sheet of paper from his bag, clearing his throat. “Captain Reshed of the Rhug’na’ru is sorry he cannot make it to this meeting. He does wish to state, however, that we will not be taking a pit within our lands for the following reasons:” He flipped the paper over, then looked at it confusingly. He flipped it a few times, looking it over. He stopped after a moment and folded the paper back up. “There does not seem to be a reason written. But I’m sure the reason is that we simply do not have a need for the pit. Hide does send his hand in friendship and in hopes that your religion can eventually take off.” He bowed and stood to the side, to wait for the meeting to end, or until he was asked a question.

Dar’ab shrugged “ok”

he never asked if they wanted the Pit in their lands. Dar’ab wondered why these last two Gogs mentioned it. Oh well he thought, at least they weren’t threatening him.

When we came here, I stated that we would hear that the laws protect Torlallur infecting others. That we would hear that they weren’t really gogs, so it is okay that they get infected.

I spoke about how religious rights don’t trump the individual and tribes right to live, and pointed out it is the same thing that The Church of One claims. I pointed out that we reject these claims outright, and that inherently we recognize the gogs rights above religious rights.

Torlallur asserts they have been practising this for many years, and that they have lived in Karov for at least a generation. If this true, where are the other plagues? Where is the infection that they would have spread?

We heard gogs say they don’t want to take action, because they are scared. We have heard gogs say it is better for gogs to suffer, because these gogs may provide utility at some point in the future.

We have heard gogs reference the past trial of OtO. We note that there is little difference between these acts, and yet gogs here have decided that they can continue infecting others.

Is the price of civilization killing others that you don’t believe are civilized? For us, is it going to be using these gogs as playthings?

If this is the cost of civilization, then Gultor’uf reject it. We will not be a part of letting gogs harm other gogs, because one group is deemed civilized.

Lallur says "I think you miss the point. Olgog the Olgog orbitally bombarded all of Tla’loc’al. Not for food, but for power. There was no good thing or benefit. It was just death.

Dar’ab has offered to only convert the willing, Any sickness would be mild, and if a plague were to hit, they have offered help in stopping it. The tribes to the south and the UtR stand to improve relations. Maybe even peace between the the groups. That is a big benefit.

There is a big difference between scope, numbers, and actions afterward.

So we do not forgive them for nothing or because they are being civilized. It is much more than that. Steps toward peace are worth working together."

“I would raise a toast to that,” said Vellum, "But it seems our cups have run dry.

Peace will be the call of the day."

Looking the GulTor’Uf representative directly in the eyes, Vellum said, “When Peace Marches…who can really stand before it?”