Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission Week 23: The Trial of Gorkaog the Pit Mongrel

Urik considered the Heralds words before saying anything.
“You were at Kasanth? Yeah, that was about as bad as it gets.” He said with a respectful nod. “You made it through that mess nobody has cause to question if you can handle yourself in a fight. And you’ve given us all a lot to think about.” He looked around including everyone in what he said next.

“But I will say this. Keeps in my mind that several of his gogs were immutable and the others were devoured. Maybe Oliver acted rashly. Maybe he let emotion cloud his judgement. If I had just seen almost my entire command eaten, mostly alive, and given final death. I can’t say I wouldn’t make the same call. But that isn’t for this hearing that is between Oliver and his commanding officer. We’re here to decide what to do with Gorkoag and the elder we know sent him.”

Speaking only to the Herald he continued. “If you want to stay around and help draft up conventions of war for the DC and UTR, I would welcome you. But that isn’t an issue for this hearing.”

"I am told that losing comrades in battle can be difficult, and for that Oliver has my sympathy, well as much as I can feel anyway. The loss of Immutibles is always tragic as their loss is permanent without the use of high Earther technology.

I do not have authority over this trial, I am just here to lend a voice to the lost so they are not forgotten. I agree with the decision to track down the Elder who gave the orders. When found however I believe he should be turned over to the Gul’tor’uf as it was they who were wronged by his actions."

Speaking quielty “If you need my council I will give it at the right time”

Quill said loudly, "Babi, i agree that you should be able to grant final death to the blood suckers your traditions demand in the UtR territory.

If you find any in our territory please be a dear and tell the Der’al Collective before you destroy them.
They may have families."

Quietly in a whisper to Babi, “Your first blood sucker is standing right there dressed in the Wintermute uniform.
I know I did not invite northern vampires to this legal setting? I guess the UtR must have.”

Leaving that little nugget to germinate, Quill returned to his seat.

Vektor shrugged at Quill, “Wasn’t the Great Northern Army. We sent their Gang packing weeks ago from Brez.”

Oliver says to the Herald sincerly, "so you advocate putting more bodies in where the red fur who burned them was being held? I like that twisted logic. Then the red fur burns the rest and i am not guilty? A convenient scapegoat? Maybe I should hire you on as my own advisor.

Or disrupt the crime scene with a criminal caught red handed."

The Herald shook his head “I never suggest the wonton destruction of a body, If Gul’tor’uf is ever to learn to live in peace they have to be shown that they won’t be exterminated like animals. You said you didn’t have the resources to revive them and then transport them. I am simply saying you could have transported their corpses. Does the Der’al Collective tend to seek scapegoats to cover up their actions?”

Bo’gan clapped from the back of the area.

As he approached, the leader of the armies of eloga said, "As his commanding officer I support Oliver’s actions. And I will go a step further all KGM allied units will be given standard issue acid grenades. You can suspect what they will be used for if the need arises.

I will not have my legal transports harried by raiders. GulTor’Uf or otherwise.
If you attack an Elogan Holding I want you to know things worse than final death await you."

Scribe raised an eyebrow at Bo’gan’s words.

“When I was hired on I was told there would be NO final death from what I make. While it is not my creation, I find it…unnerving… that you speak so easily of causing final death in such a cowardly fashion.”

Taking a deep sigh Scribe set himself before asking Forseti “Lord Forseti would I be mistaken in believing Lord Loki would not allow one of his followers to work with any that worked in such a fashion?”

Bo’gan said, “I don’t know what a scapegoat is but it sounds delicious.
Do they cookfire these scapegoats where you come from like a nice Ma’lie steak.”

Bo’gan looked at Scribe and said, “Cowardly is ambushing a cart of soldiers enforcing law and order.”

“Scribe why are you looking at him,” asked Bo’gan, “You are Quartermaster of the Armies of Eloga aren’t you. That makes you my soldier.
Not the other way around. When you address me you address me as Sir.
Do you understand me soldier?”

Lord Foresti gathered his tribe and left pointing at Scribes badge of office saying, “A man cannot serve two masters.”

“Our views are different in this, and though I am willing to talk it out and make you see my thoughts, My Lord Loki may not and could take his blessing from me and render me powerless. You hired me to place runes on your armor but if I have no power then you have no armor.” Scribe told Bo’gan.

“As you can see The Gods of Asgard demand HONOR from their subjects. I will HONOR my end of our agreement and leave you the armor in your tower. I will in turn keep the weapons, armor, chariot and animals, removing any and all markings that say I am of the AoE. I am sadden it has come to this, but we shall see each other at the Collective meetings. I hope there will be no hard feelings.” as Scribe spoke, his face a mask of sincerity, he laughed in his head. He would leave him the armor… in the form of unfinished design drawings.

“Then refrain from calling your Lord Loki here and we will discuss this matter in my tent after the trial.,”
said Bo’gan.

“May I suggest we allow the Red fur to return to its pit.
then we follow it there and exterminate the pests. Or help the GulTor’Uf do it.”

“I can not. After this I am called away to other lands. I have spoken with members of the True Flame and we are seeking a method to survive the Flame Winds. Also Lord Forseti will no doubt speak with Lord Loki who will in turn speak with others and will find out even if I do not inform him. And I have no intention of meeting Lady Hel at this or any time, nor any of Lord Loki’s children.”

KalokLur

For some reason, I don’t think my tribe will kill my kind . . .

Quill looked at Scribe sadly, “If you are going AWOL from the Elogans you cannot come to the Der’al Collective meetings. You are a single bastard who does not have an olgog tribe. You are a mercenary not a tribal leader. Without support of the Elogans, I am sorry Scribe but you are no longer an ambassador. I will still happily throw you a bone and give you hired merc work every now and again.”

Quill looks at Kaloklur, "Your memory is quite short.
The Uth Child is ready to kill pit mongrels in the name of GulTor’Uf.
Especially those that killed her family members.

Gorkaog can lead her right to them…"

“I was never an Ambassador for the AoE. I asked the others when I joined and was given membership as an independent being. I am a Mercenary as you said, but I am no fool. By being recognized as a separate being who is free to do as he wishes I am a member introduced by the AoE. I intend no problems but if you see that as such then you can find a replacement for my job with no back records which were placed in my care. Though I highly doubt GulTor’Uf would be willing to take up the mantel seen as how they have lost their members to your actions.” After speaking Scribe sits next to Adept and starts speaking with him of those he knew had survived and how the friends he had made were doing.

"No Scribe you weren’t and now you disrespect us and the Der’al Collective with your irresponsible and selfish behavior.
You are here to take notes and speak, not to summon Eather Gods and disrespect your commanding officer.
You speak of honor? You have no honor.
Like a wave you waver and have no loyalty.

If you would have waited until after the trial and explained your need to leave with your commanding officer I could at least respect you.
But you are going AWOL during a mission. Highly highly disrespectful guy."

" Quill is right Scribe. You leave the Armies of Eloga.
You lose your seat in the Der’al Collective"
Said Bo’gan not surprised a bastard would disrespect him so publicly.
The Krato were right Children of the Falosini could not be trusted.