The Damaged Factory Controls

Torlok’ab motioned his followers close. They proceeded to have a rapid discussion using various hand signs. Nodding, he turned back to Uriel. “You say that you understand the basic ways the machine works, is there any way to convince the machine that it needs not install a replacement chip if it doesn’t detect one?”

This time the voice came from 4 different directions "Observing? I am observing everything, a good merchant must. A good most things must, one must see before one can know. How can one know without one seeing?

Have any questions? Speak unto me and I shall quench thy thirst for knowledge! For the universe is within me and I share my bounty with all who wish a part of me. So, tell me what is on your furry little minds, I am an open book, open me and enjoy me."

Uriel considered briefly before answering. He stopped working on his transcription of the controls as he replied.
“The device cannot be convinced of anything. It is not aware in that sense. It simply follows it’s implanted instructions. And I am afraid it is not possible for me to rewrite those instructions. There is a setting labeled “No crystal” on the podium but as yet I have not discovered what the machine might do to the subject instead”

Torlok’ab shook his head ruefully. “If this facility is like most such, there may be a hidden setting. There were rumors among the Dead that Lord Vul had such capability added to the design. The rumors were that he did not always trust Mar’un’ga and the warmonger. He had seen too many times that warmonger cared nothing for his ‘tools’ and would sacrifice them. Vul was known to plan ahead for treachery, both his and his allies.”

“You may indeed be right. I did not say rewriting the instructions was impossible I said I cannot do it and if the device itself contains the means to do it I have yet to discover it. Which again does not mean there is not one surely it would be well hidden. I have told you all that I have found so far. As you can see my study is ongoing should I uncover more I will immediately share it. However to conduct a full study of this device will likely take as much if not more time than the lockdown itself.”

Candy began to grow bored with what was going on and reapers, she snapped her fingers and a Cerberus appeared next to her, smiling she turned to it and gave it a hug. (anyone with leyas sight would see light leyas erupting from her and going inside the Cerberus) When she let go the Cerberus was gazing at her with a look of adoration. Smiling she then turned and snapped her fingers again and a nightmare the size and shape of a 10 year old earther boy appeared, (anyone looking carefully at it would see that it had a slight resemblance to Candy in its face) She winked at the Cerberus who used its three heads to hold down the nightmare as Candy began to skin it alive(?) While humming a merry tune.

As Candy finished skinning the nightmare she let the goopy insides pile up on the ground in front of her, she then takes the nightmare skin and uses the leyas to start tanning it. Soon she has a nightmare boy suit. She then concentrates and two more nightmares of similar size pop out only to be pounced on by the Cerberus again, this time the faces were adults (Uriel would recognize them as resembling Mcmurphy and Shinefox) She proceeds to skin both of the nightmares as well and tans them both afterwards.
When done Candy takes out her bag and pulls our large amounts of fur, (to most anyone looking at it would recognize it as Olgog fur) and stuffs the dolls and stitches them up. She sets two at each side of the podium and one by the artifices shadow (that is being lit up by the torchlight of Bo’gan) Candy then takes a small candle and places it on top of the head of the Child like doll and blows a kiss at it, the candle flickers once then steadys (used working to make an everlit candle) lighting up area of the shadow, “That should help keep this area lit, so you don’t have to keep that torchlight up if you don’t want to”
Then she walks back to the area of the podium though not actually going on it or disturbing Uriel’s study of it.

Uth’lal glanced at Candy’s work in distaste, a scowl crossing his face. He was certain he would go insane if he stayed in the box any longer. He gestured at Torkol’ab and with the last bit of patience he had, said

“Friend, we must do this soon or we will be overrun. It is not an enjoyable choice, but it is one that must be made nonetheless. What say you?”

Candy walked back and forth between the two dolls, working the leyas into each of them, back and forth she went with the leyas flowing bit by bit into each of them. She smiled, this was certainly making this less boring.

Torlok’ab replies “If you can not find the setting to keep the machine from implanting a control crystal, I will have to take the chance. My fellows will not be subjected to the indignity of being slaves to the Ancient Evils. The only thing is if I fall under the control of the factory, you must destroy me utterly, not just kill me. I have knowledge that must never fall into the hands of the cultists. Agreed?”

Tla’ab nods to Torlok and says “We will destroy you if you fall under the factory control. But you better be quick in letting us know you are ok. We would prefer to not have to, but we will not wait long before we strike. Your kind is too dangerous to let you attack first.”

Uriel again paused in his study and looked up. “Do not worry about that. If you cannot resist the process your mind will be erased and everything you know will be forgotten.” His voice sounded as if that was the most painful terrifying thing he had ever heard. “Still rest assured we will destroy you before you can cause any harm.”

This area is now closed, and continues here.

Read Mission 5 event first then go here.