The Hidden Site of the Sylvan Warship

Lalder says "I warned you we do not know much about your tech, leyas or not. That is an issue I would like to resolve at some point. I have to admit that is part of the reason moved the ship to its current location, so we could study it. At the time, we did not understand the type of undead you were. We have only recently learned this much.

I think we should first talk with your captain. it has been a long time since you were awake, and I’m not sure who would hold the pairing crystal to those. And if its not your kind, it could be your enemies."

Bel’en Neth replied , “Do not reveal to our captain that you have learned anything about Sylvan technology.
She would be deeply displeased at such a breech of security. Our organic crystal matricies are semi sentient and living. They interlaced themselves throughout the hull of this vessel.
This is a living ship, asleep without its command crystal, and its will is powerful enough to cut the tops off of mountains. It’s heart is a sylvan power converter, another organic semi sentient crystal grown and cultivated to change leyas directly into power. I never told you any of this.
But what I did tell you was that the great and mighty mother of the Empress has powers great enough to wipe any tribe from the face of Refuge.
There should be no talk of learning more of our technology in front of her unless she brings it up.
Even our allies the Falosini and the Aegelis never learned truly how to manufacture our technology.
Though there were rumors that Lord Falos and his sons Berototh and Azre’Tal have stolen it.”

Lalder nods “I will speak of that no more. I do not wish to hurt any good will be between your people and mine. Let us go and wake your captain.”

As they are walking Lalder continues "I do have another concern which lead me all of this. And this information makes me even more concerned.

Recently a militia of gogs called the Kolgul Militia, ones we thought to be disorganized, attacked all of the gog tribes within a week. Either taking tribesmen or attacking the tribe if you did not volunteer gogs willingly.

My tribe and a few others dispatched those raiding parties easily. But the majority of the tribes either gave up gogs, or were defeated. They were very well armed, and if my tribe was not already preparing to defend itself from the earther’s church of one, we would have had issues. We would not have been defeated, but it wouldn’t have been a one sided battle.

So, to the point. Not many gogs know of this site outside of a few tribes, but it will only be a matter of time until some gog who knows of this ship, to be taken by this militia. So I’m concerned that this ship could become a target again.
"

Bel’en Neth nodded in understanding, “This Militia sounds like an organized and dangerous foe.
Without our defenses and without awakening the full compliment of soldiers we would be unable to hold this location.
And a ship like this would allow the Militia to subjugate other tribes.
Time is of the essense then.”

He approached the sarcophagus holding the Captain and laid a three fingered hand on it. There was a green glow and the lid snapped open. Inside was a wizened old Sylvan female. Her body seemed naturally mummified by the elements (no wrappings).
Tendrills like the root network of a plant extended from her body into the soil that filled the bottom of the sarcophagus.
As the green glow extended from case into soil, the tendrills retracted and the Sylvan Warleoch rose solemnly from her healing sleep.
Her big alien eyes seemed inquisitive and she unconsciously brushed a hand across her midsection which still held the tell tale signs of magi cannon burns.

She said, "Bel’en Neth, we have obviously survived the attack by the Kias Armies. Yet our ship is not active and the command crystal has been taken. I can feel its absence like a dull throb. What do you have to report? "

“The war is over, many lifetimes have passed,” replied Bel’en Neth, “We have been rescued by Olgog tribes of Refuge.
They are represented by this fine Olgog here. They have shown great kindness to me and protected our ship while we sleep.”

“I am Iessa of Orundi,” said the Warleoch looking at lalder, “Greetings from the Sylvan Empire who has grown beauty across the stars and on the distant shores. Tell me of yourself and the tribals you represent.”

Lalder bowed with a sign of respect. At least hoping it was what the warleoch would consider respectful. And he said
"I am Auf Lalder of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al. These are 2 other elders from my tribe Auf Laylan and Auf Lalog’na. We are from Tla’loc’al. We are part of a group of tribes called the Lur Union. We are trying to unite the Gogs to protect against the earthers Church of one, but not escalate things to into a full war.

To bring you up to speed of what happened to your ship.

I was with a group inspecting rumors of Dead Gogs attacking earthers. A group of elders was sent to work with the EEF and destroy these dead Gogs. We found your ship and destroyed the Warmongers dead that was guarding it. We all agreed to move the ship here, far from where the undead tribes reside. And where a few tribes here could protect the ship. In the end, my tribe took up the responsibly of protecting this ship.

I didn’t have to wait long to defend the ship. Multiple units of the warmonger’s dead attacked the ship again. This is when one of those tribes of the dead, unit 7756 stole the crystal. My tribe and our allied tribes chased after unit 7756. We caught up to them, but when we were about to recovery the crystal, the dead smashed the crystal against the ground in front of one of my elders. We did recover the parts of the crystal though.

I recently understood the type of undead you are. Then we figured out how to wake Bel’en Neth and in turn, he was able to wake you up.

And this is where we stand today. "

Iessa’s features softened a little, “Then you have done us a great service.
The crystal is replaceable but not on this world.
One would need to go to the City of Orundi in the land of the Sylvan to regain it but I am the only One who can open an Energy Bridge there and I would need stay here to keep it open so whomever goes through can return here. Bel’en Neth, your son Kopti was a Garderner of living crystal go to his fields and see if a replacement might be provided. While you do so I will attempt to reach my kin I’tash so that aid might be sent for other repairs.”

“It has been a long time Captain, Orundi is not as we left it and I fear what we will face,” replied Bel’en Neth

“Aufgogs, I request you gather to you the most powerful Adepts of your allies for I am in need of an honor guard to accompany him to Orundi,”
Said Iessa, “One from each tribe would suffice but no children or those who have not seen extreme danger. Krato attacks are common enough that only veterans should be sent.
My payment will be the thanks of the Sylvan Empire which brings with it many benefits.”

“This is not safe Captain,” interrupted Bel’en Neth knowing his captain did not understand that their civilization had been wiped out in the millenia since the ancient crash.

"This…is an order,"said Iessa in a voice that brooked no rebuttle.

“Yes Captain, as you command.”

Iessa said ,“Aufgogs tell me when you are ready and you have gathered your allies and I will open the Energy Bridge.”

Lalder nods “Then I will leave and gather the gogs as you requested. I will bring them back when we have gathered them.”

The Sylvan Warship of Calphas hung in the sky behind them. Calphas and Iessa were making a full exploration of the wreak to see how badly the ship was damaged.

Iessa finally returned with Bel’en Neth turning to the assembled Olgogs, "I will leave to join the Warleoch council on S’vana with Lord Calphas. Bel’en Neth will remain as foreman and command the Sylvan Skeletons who will repair the ship and regrow the forest that once adorned its skyward side.

Assembled Olgogs, If you continue to keep my vessel safe for the weeks until it regrows a great gift I will bestow upon your fledgling nation."

Lalder says “We will protect this site the best we can. However, we won’t be able to defend from that Orbital Laser. I’m not sure how to defend against that except reinforcing the underground tunnels. I suggest all not staying here to protect the ship, take the tree pass route to stay underground. From there you should be able to get a safe distance from Tla’loc’al to avoid those orbital attacks. I will send a guide with anyone who needs one. Also I suggest everyone fortify your spaces underground, if it happened here, it could happen in other places.”

To the Olgogs stationed there, the regrowth of the Sylvan warship was a thing of beauty. A full forest grew across its skyfacing side. A layer of living crystal had grown from the metallic surface of the ship and from it a full ecosystem of different plants, vines and treeforms. The corridors inside the ship once, just quiet stone, now hummed with sound, and light would flicker down crystalline veins illuminating the pathways. Symbols in ancient sylvan and in high falos translated so the Olgogs onboard could find all the different areas of the ship. The storage for the Sylvan Skeleton army took up a large section of the ship. Nearby it had crew quarters for its once living Sylvan command crew. It also had a sizeable docking compartment for smaller airships, though it was currently empty. Most importantly its vega cannon began to thrum with power.
Iessa bid farewell to the Sylvan Calphas and his ship left.
Captain Iessa smiled as she watched the final repairs being done. Soon enough she would fly from this place, leaving Refuge behind her.