Through the Shadow to Krodnok's Lab

Pluto looked up, sensing that he had a chance to explore.

“I will search for any doors that may have been hidden from sight. I understand if you would like to come as well good Krodnok, as this is your home of sorts.”

Although he was very nearly blind, Pluto had used leyas sight for a long time to fill in the places where his eyes failed him. Although it put him at a disadvantage when immutables were involved, it allowed him to hone his other skills that a person who could see well wouldn’t need. He shuffled off into the adjacent room to see if any doors could be found.

Krodnok shook his head. “Fine. I’ll go supervise the exploration for a door. The rest of you can figure out the defense you wish to use.”

He turned and followed Pluto into the altar room.

The only door in and out was the hole in the roof in one of the lab rooms. It was the size of a giants head as that is what had made it.

Checking top to bottom they could not find another doorway to the Factory Floor.

Having an adept do a once over was quite helpful to Krodnok though, as Pluto found a hidden stair that lead to a lab containing an underground pool holding an undead kraken from the dimension of vec’zne (pg 274 dr core book).

Pluto was pleased to see the hole in the lab roof on the top floor leading someplace green but a metal gate floor to ceiling kept him from that lab and its impromtu exit. He was less pleased to see the tanks holding ghoulish humanoids in various stages of undeath or bearing instilled nightmares.

One chambers glass case held an Earther dog with an instilled nightmare in its corpse. None of the experiments were new and most were covered in a layer of dust. Some had fresh olgog hand prints on the glass.

All had been made with human hands. The lab seemed small relatively. Three lab rooms one main room, the side room with day bed and desk and stairway into shadows. And the extra forth with the underground pool he reminded himself.

Pluto was rather impressed with the things he had found. He wished that he had more time to explore all the wonders and horrors alike that could be found here, but both time and the fact it was not his lab kept him from it. Sighing, he took another look at the lab sealed by a metal gate. Placing a wrinkled hand on the metal, he wondered what it would take to remove the obstacle barring his way. He resolved to conduct a small test, one that hopefully would not affect too much. Sending leyas through his hand onto the one bar he clutched, he used Melt Metal (lesser one, earth leyas lvl 3). If it seemed to melt it a bit, he would come back later with Krodnok’s permission to try it again, if not, well sometimes one cannot always explore everything he wants to.

A small section of the gate seems to warm up but not melt in any appreciatable way.
At the burst of Leyas however, the instilled nightmare great dane rose up from its haunches.
It began to howl like an alarum and slam against its case.
Luckily for Pluto the case was harder than normal earther window glass.

–(http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?301-Goblin-Lands-Defensive-Mission-Week-7-The-Narrow-Passage-into-the-Tomb-Factory mission up. After first player posts their response players may discuss that first action in this thread in conversations just keep in mind action will be flowing )—

Looking around at the rest of the party, Torlok’ab spoke up “sorry for my distraction, i am still determining all that the factory did to myself and Simeon. If you want to throw off the ability of the pit mogrels to fight when they come thru the portal, remember the are bkind and hunt using smell and the leyas. if we can disrupt their senes,even temporarily, it would improve our chances against them. As for the dead, remember we are weak against that which would heal the living.”

“We can not ourselves affect the air or cause healing, but Uriel and Candy have both shown use of the air leyas”

Tla’ab says "We have healing and res potions, but not the ability to heal. With the undead, we will flank the opening, and if given a chance aim for the neck and the chip. I cannot use my Light leyas this close to the portal or it will be closed forever.

Did anyone find anyother way out?"

Pluto shuffled back into the main room, looking around at those assembled.

“We found very little I’m afraid, nothing offering such easy escape as we were hoping. I do however, have one more idea that may merit discussion. The good Tor’og Uth’lal here can use shadow leyas proficiently. Why not have him place a wall of shadows in front of the portal? The terror and confusion that would follow as they tried to cross through would let us cut them down like startled Mel’ie. Although I cannot say how it would affect the portal.”

He looked around waiting for a reply. He kept the tidbits about the strange rooms to himself, as he wasn’t sure if Krodnok would appreciate him announcing their existence to the party. Plus he secretly hoped to be allowed to study them in depth if they managed to survive the coming battle.

Tla’ab smiled "The shadow wall over the entrace was about the only thing on the defences we came to an agreement on before we went on that tanget about Bridges. I believe Krodnok was still planning on this.

We also have the protection of the shadow worked armor. What we don’t have a great plan for is the pit mongrels and fire spirits.

My Tribesmen and I will slick the area in front of the entrance to trip them up as they come through. Hopefully with this and the shadow wall they will be left off guard and we can deal with them quickly. The four of us can strike at the pit mongrels with Lightning Spears while the rest of you attack them. Hopefully in the cross fire we should be able to take them pretty quickly.

The fire spirits, we do not have an answer for except to stab them a bunch.

For the non Dead types, We do have some healing potions, so if you need one, yell and we’ll toss you one.

What do you think?"

Tla’ab asks “Quick question, why don’t we close the shadow gateway. I could do it easily with Light Leyas? In fact I have to restrict myself not to use Light Leyas so we don’t collapse it.”

Uth’lal smiled thinly, looking over at Tla’ab

“We of Ka’Rhug are particularly…experienced with spirits of fire. They have a great weakness to water leyas, so much so that a few well aimed ice spears would do the trick. I can make them as well, so as the battle begins I could throw them, or pass them out to my men.”

Krodnok, who had walkd in with Pluto, held a hand up to Tla’ab’s question. “I’d prefer we not close the door. The door is in my lab, and connects to the facility that we arrived here from. As far as I’m concerned, that factory is mine as well.”

He shifted his weight so that he could look past Tla’ab at the shadow bridge. “Once it’s closed, I’m not sure I have the ability to re-open it. I think we could temporarily close it, but that’d require placing light in the vicinity of the shadow to disrupt it for a while. I can’t do that.”

He shifted again, a look of realization on his face. “That would work, though. Shut the door for a little while, and let the mongrels and 111 annihalate each other… after I while, I could just go clean up what was left at my leisure…”

He looked at Pluto. "You. You seem… fairly inteligent. Any ideas how we could do that?

Torlok’ab shook his head. "That place is full of great evil. It would be best if it was sealed for all eternity. We could never allow one withas much dark taint as you have control ofsucha place. "

Krodnok glared at Torlok’ab. “I’d kinda like you explain that, because if you’re refering to my forrmer association to the Warmonger, I’m gonna have to point out the hypocrisy of your statement…”

Pluto bowed And said, “Indeed I may be able to re open the portal, or if not I, than Uth’Lal may be able to. It may be similar to an energy bridge, at least In the way that it can be re opened by someone with enough leyas”

Uriel gave the shadow a very close look. “No it is a shadow walk artificed to be permanent. If I may suggest? I have a knife with a shadow ward on it. It is active as long as the knife is stuck in something. Removing the knife would reactivate the gate. Only someone else would have to place the knife. Shadow wards are somewhat detrimental to me.” He gestured vaguely at him self

Tla’ab holds his hand out and says “I’ll place it if you wish. I kind of like at least letting them bring down their numbers some before they attack us. Though, won’t that just give Unit 111 more troops to send at who even opens it back up?”

Uth’lal crossed his arms and said,

“Even so, it would be all one type of enemy. We wouldn’t have to worry about the little mongrels and their spirits. All we would have to do is deal with one type of foe…the dead. As long as we time it right, we could catch them just after they fight, and before they make more soldiers. We could even charge back through the portal and lead a counterattack if we have the momentum.”

Krodnok shrugged. “That depends, I guess. The hope is that the pit mongrels win the battle… I really don’t know how many of them there were, so I don’t know how their numbers compare to the dead.”

“We could just close the door for 15, maybe 30 minutes,” he continued. “Then reopen it, and go to them. By then, they may have forrgotten about us, and turned their focus to killing each other. In 30 minutes, I don’t think the battle would be over, but their numbers would likely be a lot thinner…”

He pondered for a moment. “And even if the battle was over, it would take more than just one Surgeon to revive and convert the entire field of lost warriors in that short amount of time.”

(Ooc: I’m posting from my phone, so I’m typing slower… I wanted this before Kolgol posted, so it might not make perfect sense in the flow of conversation… lol.