Through the Shadow to Krodnok's Lab

Uth’lal nodded at Krodnok.

“Then we are in agreement about this. Uriel, would you consent to us using the knife? We would be happy to place it for you so that you are not…harmed. I think this is the most advisable course of action rather than waiting like animals to be slaughtered.”

The exchange fascinated Candy, it seemed that they were planning on trying to get the facility and give it to this group of Warmonger’s Dead. She remained silent, listening and shrugged. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

Uriel removed a throwing knife from a hidden pocket of his cloak and held it up. “Certainly you may barrow it.” He held it out to Tla’ab. He looked at Uth’lal. “Shadow wards don’t actually harm me I am not that close to the leyas yet. However they are very uncomfortable.”

Tla’ab takes the knife and and when Uriel backs away, he stabs it into the floor before the before the portal. He figured if the ward was to work, he would want it stand in front of it. He then ready’s his light leyas and takes position just to the side of the portal, just in case it doesn’t work.

He was growing fond of the idea of just closing the portal permanently. But he was not sure what that would do besides close the portal. And he did not know how the other big undead in the room would act. For now he needed to learn and find out more about these dead and stay on their good side. If they had one…

After a few minutes, Tla’ab approaches Krodnok and asked “When we are done with this, can we get a set of their weapons? The bodies you desire, do not mean much to us, but one set of those weapons could help our tribe later.”

Krodnok looked at Tla’ab, and put a hand on his Magi-cannon. “You mean a few of these?” he asked quietly.

Tla’ab nodded while watching carefully feeling a little nervous about asking.

Krodnok grinned. “Yeah, these are kinda awesome, huh? Well, I have some people of my own that need to be outfitted with them, but…” he thought for a moment. “I could probably let you take four or five. Once all is said and done, we’ll take a look at what they have…”

She smiled, she could destroy that passageway with a thought, letting these Warmonger’s Dead keep this lab and that factory would be dangerous. Then again letting unit 111 keep that factory is also dangerous, either option would be bad. She walked away from the group, and cupped her com crystal and told the switch board operator to trace the location of her crystal and inform VLAD of her location and what she has learned so far. Having this lab in the possession of any kind of Warmonger’s Dead, free or otherwise is too dangerous.

After making her report, she will quietly make herself invisible and search the area that her “traveling companions” came from when they returned from their search.

Tla’ab smiles and nods saying "Thank you. "

Tla’ab then looks to check the state of the gate. He then signals to the other 3 of his tribesmen to get into position 2 on each side of the gate creating a kill zone just incase the ward fails and the gate opens.

The second the dagger tip touched the floor the ward activated. The shadow seemed overall unchanged except it seemed less solid a doorway of darkness now reduced to a simple wall without any lighting.

At that moment Krodnok noticed the door further into the lab opening and closing with no apparent person opening and closing it.

–(unknown to all Except Candy, A Vlad zombie hunter squad has been deployed to kill all dead on site by Te Te. They are being supported by a hydraulic knight. They will arrive in five hours.they can only be called off by Uriel and Candy, but uriel doesnt know they are on the way.)–

Uth’lal nodded as the portal closed. It seemed as though they had the advantage, at least for now.

“So what next? How long should we wait before we commence the counter attack? Also, are there any bets for which side is still alive out there? I’ll bet my knives that it’s the mongrels who came out on top.”

Pluto however, was less jovial. He had a bad feeling about all of this from the very start, and as the portal closed, he worried it might be the last chance of survival slipping away. However, as he thought about this, he noticed a figure covered in light leyas leave the room. He thought it rather odd, but then realizing who it was, shrugged it off. She had sold him these well fitting clothes after all, and he was quite grateful for them.

Krodnok heard the door to the rest of the facility open, and he turned in just enough time to see it close. His eyes narrowed. He hadn’t seen anyone in this room move towards the door. And, having just been out there, he knew there wasn’t anything else to come this way…

“If you would all please be so kind, I’m going to have to ask you all to stay here,” he said. “I have… something, to take care of in the other room.”

He moved to the door, opened it, stepped through it, and closed it behind him. Once he was through, he pulled out his Magi-Cannon, and, using his scope, scanned the area

Pluto, noting with some concern that Krodnok had followed Candy into the adjacent room, moved to follow them. He gave a silent nod to Uth’lal, who began speaking tactics to the group in order to provide a diversion. Pluto would investigate exactly what Candy was up to and ensure nothing is escalated too far. (He assumes that Candy will not attack, as Pluto believes she is not too foolish for an earther)

Uth’lal spoke aloud,

“We are all in agreement then. We will re-open the portal in a few minutes, leading a counter attack on the enemies on the other side. We must do this swiftly friends, we have precious little time left. My men and I will lead the charge, being the vanguard of the attack. We have the numbers and training to minimize the amount of damage that is done. Who is with me?!”

((If we could post soon, that would be awesome. I won’t have access to a computer tomorrow, so I will have to today.))

Torlok’ab responded “my troops and I can provided decent firepower to aid in the counter attack.”

Tla’ab says “I think 10 to 20 minutes should be long enough. That is huge amount of time when in battle. We don’t want one side to win and then setup waiting for us to come out.”

(OOC I’m good with posting tonight.)

The mission was a success, the forces were pushed back the portal closed before the Unit 111 soldiers flooded through. The shadow walk portal is now permanently closed.

There is a Squad of Zombie Hunters and a Hydraulic Knight waiting at the gate to the outside.

“Hello, Name is Agent Erwin,” said the colonial K’iou, “We are here on official business. Can we please speak to Agent Candy or Agent Uriel?”

They seemed wary for any traps…

Tla’ab slowly reached into a pouch and pulled out a healing potion. Being shot really hurt. He needed to clear his mind now that the battle was over and all he could think about was the pain. He drank the potion, and then pulled another one out and gave it to Lolon. And Lolon drank. The other 2 Tribesmen helped them to their feet.

Tla’ab then nodded to the others of his tribe to take position. Not hostile, but able to respond to any attack. Tla’ab says “Candy” He then shrugs and spreads his hands in a gesture meaning anywheres around here.

Uriel was a bit stunned this was the first time that his cover had been blown without it being his vault. He really wasn’t a very good spy and he was well aware of it. No he was a researcher, a scholar. But he learned so much this way. He met so many interesting people this way and gained such incredible information. How could he not keep doing it? He let his eyes slip into leyas sight and looked around for Candy,hoping she hadn’t gotten left on the other side thought he hadn’t seen her since before they attacked unit 111.
“Agent Erwin a moment please. Does anyone require healing?” He asked the group.
(If anyone asks for healing he will use convert to restore their HP he will use create and absorb nightmare to maintain his own)

—(Narrator note:as far as im aware candy is still there in the lab invisible. She said earlier she wasnt obscured so uriel should be able to see her.)–

Agent Erwin said, "Hey scholar, from the report we got there is an army of Warmongers Dead amassing here. We dont have time to wait a moment. This could be a black level threat to the colonies. The Trinity is waiting on my report. If i dont report in status soon a friend of a friend of a friend of the trinity is going to call down a damoclese strike on this location. "

As he said so he eyed both Unit 817s Dead and Krodnoks Dead suspiciously.

One of the zombie hunters grunted, “Mercs and irregulars, we got to tell the bosses to stop hiring free agents. I mean hes just as funky monster looking as the dead maybe worse.”

Erwin snapped at him, “The company was lucky to hire a Tyr’ani scholar for this mission dont be rude Philip. I know you dont know enough about ancient Kias necromancy to handle a mission like this. Dont offend the talent, next time we try to hire them they might remember an ignint hick like you Philip and decided not to take the gig.”