Through the Shadow to Krodnok's Lab

Krodnok blinked. Not only was he going to be keeping the lab, but he was going to be provided with free equipment as needed?

“Ok,” Krodnok said. “I like the sound of that. Just one more thing.”

Without looking away from Erwin, Krodnok pointed at Uriel. “He’s the only member of your organization that I’ll allow down here. Anyone else will be treated as a hostile enemy.”

“I would suggest against making that a strict condition Krondoc.” Uriel said reasonably. “It’s very unlikely they will accept it and more to the point I am not the only scholar my employer engages. I have no doubt many of them have knowledge and information you would find valuable in your work here.”

Krodnok glanced at Uriel. “That’s fine,” he said. “If it’s needed, any info can be relayed through you.”

Uriel shrugged and turned to regard Erwin.
“You should confer with our employer and see if his terms are acceptable.”

Krodnok shrugged as well. “If they aren’t, I’ll figure something else out…”

Erwin walked away for a few moments and was whispering into a commcrystal, “McMurphy says he accepts the terms of your contract as long as you will designate a third party to act as a go between if the company has to hire Mr. Uriel on contracts in foreign lands. You have a week to designate that third party agent.
The company will need a firm answer on that stipulation when we deliver the first payment in a few days.”

Erwin turned with a hiss of pressure from his hydraulic power armor and addressed the Zombie Hunters who were still giving the Undead the stink eye, “Philip, pull up your pants like a big boy, and take the team outside and cut down some trees. We need an AAV landing zone. Tell me when its done so we can camouflage it. Now get going!”

Philip left grumbling about stupid undead.

Krodnok looked at Erwin. “A few days? Ok. Should be fine. I’ll get someone by then.”

He turned to address everyone, but stopped and looked back to Erwin. “When you leave, take everyone who works for, or with, you. I have the feeling that Uriel here isn’t the only one. Please, round up your people and go.”

He looked back to the rest of the group. “Now that I have that finished,” he started. “We can get back to this. And by this, I mean you all leaving.” He pointed to Bo’gan. “Except you. We still have business to discuss.”

Erwin smiled an uncomfortable smile, “Any Olgogs that need an AAV ride back north we will be heading out shortly.”

The Kiou Hydraulic Knight led those who were ready to leave to the surface. (Anyone not explicitely leaving on the AAV must post to this thread to advise so that Krodnok can address it directly.)

Bo’gan watched the olgogs leave with impatience. Already he had been away for weeks, he genuinely worried about the state of affairs of the Armies of Eloga when he returned north.

Bo’gan motioned for Uth’lal to stay saying, "That one i am relying on for a ride back up to the North and i do not trust the Earther vehicles.

So…what is your price for the body of Eloga, Krodnok?"

Uth’Lal nodded and leaned against the wall. His men were up and ready to go now, thanks to Uriel’s abilities. He was thoroughly impressed, and vowed to himself to return the favor later. He was slightly concerned about Pluto, but given that he had heard no explosions and that no nightmares were spilling from the walls, he assumed the old gog could take care of himself. It was not the first time he had gone off alone, and his lust for knowledge was well known. However, Uth’lal had noticed another missing from the group. Agent Candy, who had conveniently disappeared when the fighting had begun. He hoped Pluto and her absence were not related, but he felt edgy nonetheless.

Krodnok watched as the group walked away. He smiled. When they were gone, he turned to face Bo’gan.

“Finally,” he exclaimed, opening his arms wide. “We can get down to business. You want the body back, I need a few peices of armor crafted, and artificed.”

He let his left arm fall to his side, but reached over with his right hand, and touched his left shoulder. “First, a pair of shoulder peices, each individualy warded against healing leyas.”

His hand moved to his chest. “Second, a chestpeice, warded against light leyas. And last, but not least,” he said as he held both hands up in front of him, palms up. “A pair of gauntlets, the right artificed with the ability to throw large fireballs. And the left artificed to shape the earth.”

He let his arms drop to his sides. “Each peice needs to be artificed or warded expertly, and they need to be stong enough to withstand most removal leyas. Also, if these wards and workings are removed, or they fail, I need you to be able to redo the work.”

Krodnok crossed his arms. “I know it sounds like I’m asking for a lot, but with as important as this body is to you, and what you hope to do, I think it’s a fair deal. And if you can’t do this yourself, I’m sure you can find someone who can.”

(Ooc: if Bo’gan accepts Krodnok’s terms, I’ll pm the Narrator with what leyas abilities I’m actually looking to get put on the armor peices.)

Bo’gan listened carefully to the request. He seemed more contemplative than before as his mind began working out details.

Then he abruptly stopped like he had hit a wall.

"A greater ward could be binded to the armor to prevent Light Leyas. The fireballs and earthshaping would simply require a bit of time,a few days of artificing at most.
But as I think back on every lesson I have learned on the Leyas and its flow from Kotine and Eloga, I must be honest.
I do not know of any way to ward against Healing Leyas.

If you accept this without the Healing Ward, it would take but a few days to craft this armor.

To make the armor and other artificings i will need many things that I do not have here. I do have most of my tools on the ship of the Ka’Rhug.
You join us on boatride back and i craft armor to your sizes while we travel. By the time we get back to Unen armor will be done and we can finalize trade and part ways at the coast of mak."

–(based on this timeline armor would be finalized beginning week 9, but Krodnok, and Uthlal would be able to take part in any week 8 missions near Unen while Bo’gan finishes work onboard ship)—

Krodnok looked at Bo’gan. “Usually, i’d be thrilled to join you on a boatride, but, I need time to get the body. If you’d be able to size me real quick here, I need to get back to my main camp, and retrieve the body. If that’s agreeable, we can meet back here and finalize the deal.”

Tla’ab says to Krodnok “I know this didn’t end perfectly for you. But we wish you well in the future. We are going to head back to our tribe now to warn them of Unit 111. They will need to prepare. Did you have an extra Magi-cannon still?”

Krodnok looked around. He wasn’t aware that anyone else remained.

“Yeah,” he said, when he located Tla’ab. “I have three of them that I can spare.” He gestured towards the corner, where a pile of equipment lay, guarded by the Warmachine Micah. “Take them and go.”

(Ooc: mission rewards states that I was supposed to give these in the weapons and aromor thread. If I still need to do it that way, I will.)

(Yes please do post cannons offer to weapons and armor thread and player you are giving it to must post in that thread accepting them.)

Bo’gan said, “I once I leave these lands I do not plan on returning unless I do so at the head of the Armies of Eloga with an Army of Krato to smash the Unit 111. I will take your measurements and head North. Here are the coordinates for the Jarlite Camp I will be returning to once I leave here. Come meet me there I will have the armor, you will bring the body. We will trade there. Do not betray my trust, Krodnok. You have already seen the lengths I will go to to recover Elogas body. Let us end this well.”

After taking measurements Bo’gan turned to Uth’lal and said, “Lets go, it will take some time to return by sea and I have much to consider. Much to think about…too much for my aching head.”

Uth’lal gestured for his men to pack up and follow him. He gave a nod to Krodnok, and then almost as an afterthought, asked "Did you mean what you said about allowing Pluto to remain here? If you are serious he will most likely be a very happy gog. Be aware that he is a but…eccentric, but he is quite loyal. What say you?

Krodnok looked at Bo’gan. “I suppose those terms are agreeable,” he said after a moment. “However, I won’t be making the trade-off, as I’m needed here. Instead…”

He turned and looked at the Warmachine he had recently acquired. “Micah here will oversee the trade.” He walked to his new recruit. “Consider this how you prove yourself to me. I need you to go back to my camp, and take them with you.” Krodnok pointed towards the corpses that he had instilled. “Once there, tell Valurk who you are, why you’re there, all that. Then, have him take the bodies to Lotara, so she can convert them. Then, have them pack up and come here. If I’m going to be protecting this place from 111, I’ll need my troops.”

He turned and pointed a hand at Bo’gan. “Then, get the body he seeks. Tell Lotara you need the important body. She’ll know what you need. You and the other Warmachine there will go to where Bo’gan will be. Drop off the corpse, get the armor pieces, come back here.”

“As for Pluto,” Krodnok continued, turning to Uth’lal. “He’s welcome to stay and assist. At least for a while. He seems to have a lust for knowledge. I think he could help a great deal.”

Tla’ab says “Thank you Krodnok. Good luck.” as his tribesmen went over and took the magi cannons offered.

(OOC I’ll accept officially when you post to the weapons and armor thread.)