The Ultimate Declaration of War (A week 10 War Tent Discussion)

–{This is the thread for characters to join together to discuss the battle against Warmonger and Unit 111. First player to post gets to set the location for the planning meeting. Open to everyone fighting against Warmonger and NO ONE fighting for warmonger. }–

Maggul sat in the tent ready to speak on behalf of the Venerable Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab. Almost as a good luck charm, at his side was the matronly elder Mak’ab, Yalar Took. She had guided him so far along their journeys, and added her elder experiences when it was necessary that Maggul know something.

“The Olgog people face the threats of two great forces on different fronts at the same time. As i have learned, Mag Buckt said that his forces were meant to stop the Warmonger. If this is so, is there away to take the Kuggoryyan of Mag Buskt to the battle against Warmonger and Unit 111? We need to protect the Port of Unen, is there a way to shadow walk, or pass tree or even teleport the Monster of Mag Buskt directly to Camp Sand Dragon, or the road to Jamesville? Can any of the tribes or the EEF forces help to do this, to take the enemy and use them to our peoples advantage and for what their apparent purpose is?”

Auf Lalog’na stepped up "I do not think we will be able to get Mag buskt or his nightmare to switch targets in time to save Jamesville. I think we have to have another plan. Though I do find it sad that Mag Buskt is effectively helping the warmonger. I curse that Olgog the Olgog for causing these battles.

I recommend we split this up into parts, and try to get others. We will need to work with the church of one, but I don’t know if they will work with us.

"
(OCC if the location has not been set, I’m more than happy to set it. If its not set, use this.)

Auf Lalog’na as he has done before, will create a large underground bunker a good distance away from jamesville, on the opposite side of Jamesville as the camp. In this large chamber, he will create a table that contains a map of the area.

Sa’Tor looks at the map. “If da Mag Bruskt come it be a great ting. If he don’t da bruskti may not be much help. Da dead don’t fear blades or claws. da cold purple fires mean no ting to them.” He paused remembering what Mama Rapigog told him. “Mama Rapigog she say if we make da Unit 111 an enemy of da UTR then the gorab can use their badges of da day and da bruskti can use da badges of the night. But dis is a decision da bruskti can’t make.”

Auf Lalog’na says “I have spoken to Lalder on this, he votes and always will vote to declare Unit 111 an enemy of the UTR. I will see if we can get others to acknowledge this.”

Auf Lalog’na says “Mam Rapigog does get a vote on this, just can’t make laws.”

Inquisitor Barov followed the map to this location (invited in by Lalder)

"Well, this is certainly an interesting reversal, I am now going to your meeting. Quite fascinating truly. So, i hear that you are sending armies to Jamesville, considering all of your actions against the people there in the past, I cannot say that I trust any of you.

In your meetings with the Lost Colonies you have all said that my people have no right to their homes or lives. At best you are trying to save this town so you can take it over later. One conqueror or another makes no difference.

Besides, the town is dying anyway, radiation poisoning and all that. Everyone there will die regardless of anything done here. Why shouldn’t we evacuate the people that can be saved and let you fight the dead?"

Auf Lalog’na says "Always a fight with you. Never a discussion. We did help your troops at Thomasville like we said, even at the cost of some of our gogs.

But, If we do not have to fight to save the people, that will be fine by us. It is your town people we are trying to save. It is earthers we were trying to prevent from becoming warmongers dead. If you remove them, that will make things simpler. How long will that take you?

I had hoped the common enemy would be something that we could fight together rather than apart. The battle with the dead of Unit 111, is a bigger fight than between the Church and Olgogs.

I’m not sure what we can do at their camp or along the road. It is a big force. But if you wish, we can even avoid helping at Jamesville. I will leave that to your request.
"

Ah, always a fight with me? That is odd, Auf Lalder came to me before, claiming that his tribe had nothing to do with previous discussions with me, yet you are claiming that I always start fights? How have I started a fight with you before? I cooperated fully with Auf Lalder, what basis do you have for that comment? No this is the very first fight I am picking with your tribe, and I am picking it because you do not have any true desire to help.

As for my people you are trying to save? You simply do not want their bodies added to the dead. Do not try to be so holy as to be thinking of my people. They are dying as we speak, even if this attack is stopped they will still die. You are fighting for yourselves not for us. You are scared that if my people are slaughtered then the undead will raise them as their slaves and move against you next. No, you want to use us to help you fight the undead and then as we all die of illness you can just walk in and take over.

None of your tribes were willing to fight mutual enemies in the past with us. Now, only when a threat comes that scares you suddenly you want to cooperate.

As for removing my people, lets see, most are ill or dying, so we need air lifts, convoys, ambulances. Give us a few weeks and we can get everyone out. As we need to bring in people from other locations to get the townsfolk and soldiers out. They lack the strength to evacuate on their own. As there is not a single friendly community until we get to the coast it will take a long time for help to arrive. So if you want to “save” the people, make sure that none of this Unit 111 gets close to the town, hit them before they arrive. That will give us the time we need.

If that is not acceptable, then feel free not to help. What difference does it make how this town dies? Would it not be kinder for them to die quickly in battle then to die slowly to agonizing sickness? We will try to save the ones we can, but due to the campaign against us, we lack the ability to save the vast majority of the people."

Auf Lalog’na "I do apologize, I was thinking of another Inquisitor as you are correct about the fighting part.

We had nothing to do with the sickness that plagues Jamesville. We have gogs sick as well. We are still looking into that. The Oasis nearby was poisoned as well. So you are not alone in that. I will tell the others of this radiation poisoning you mentioned though. Maybe that will help.

And you are right in one factor of our not wanting your people killed as to not want to fight them later. But we do not wish to see children killed by them either way. I will not get into this any deeper, as you will not believe either way.

But we have fought mutual enemies in the past, though this has been more recent than later. There has been a few cases of Fighting against a militia that attacks Olgogs as well as earthers. Though small, neither side has fought at these times. And we did help with Thomasville when Unit 111 attacked as Lalder said we would.

Yes, the Church and us are not allies. And it will take a long time to change opinions on both sides. So we will reach out again if we see an opportunity. And see what happens the next time.

For now, my tribe and forces will do as you wish. We will see what we can do on the path to the Jamesville, and work to avoid Jamesville itself. Good luck. "

Barov nodded, “If you keep the fighting away from the town, we can aid in a way. We can use long range bombardment to strike Unit 111, also we have an anti air strider to help shoot down their aircraft. As for regular soldiers, they won’t accomplish much vomiting after a few steps. We might be able to get some air support, but that depends on how sick our pilots are.”

Auf Lalog’na "Is there a signal I could get you to bombard a location, like their big guys or their antiaircraft guns. I have fighters of my own, a few. And I can even protect against their normal foot soldiers lasers. But their anti aircraft weapons might give me issue. I too was planning on taking out their aircraft, as they would be to deadly to any other force while they fly. Unit 111 can’t be allowed to control the Air.

Also, if I know the area your going to bombard, I can have gogs attack a different area. "

Auf Lalog’na says “Excuse me, I must report something.”

He walks outside and pulls out a comunication crystal. and speaks into it “Lalder the people of Jamesville are suffering from radiation poisoning, maybe those gogs are suffering the same. Let Lurtor know that. I will soon leave for the south, giving over command to Tor’ab and give him the crystals.”

(OCC just make sure to show the transfer of knowledge for another thread.)

Barov thought for a moment, then reached into his pack and pulled out a half dozen smoke flares. He handed them to Auf Lalog’na, "Twist the top of these and then throw them to where you want us to bomb. Red smoke will come out able to be seen by our gunners and targeted.

Auf Lalog’na takes the smoke flares and says "I’ll give these to Tor’ab, his group will make sure these are set off in the right location. So keep an eye out. As for the ground force, I will have a group that will attack the deads flanks, but our tactics will be hit and run. We don’t have the numbers to hold land. So they the will make progress, just hopefully we make them pay for it.

We will also plant some traps in their way. Lighting based as its one of the few types of traps that will slow them down."

Auf Lalog’na says "Maybe we can try to take out the nightmares they use to travel. Forcing them to travel themselves. Otherwise those traps won’t be of use.

Unless we put them close to Jamesville. Would you allow us to create basically an electric mine field around Jamesville? We can do it at night if you prefer.

We would basically put slight pit traps with some water in them. When someone falls it, electricity strikes the fallen.

Traps are your call. What do you think?"

Ka’zak burst into the tent dramatically, brandishing a sylvan fear tongue lance in a fancy twirl. He looked around at the faces that stared at him, then smiled and put away the pole arm.

“Well hello everybody, sorry I’m late. Hope I didn’t miss the excitement, but other matters called my attention”

He sat down with his legs crossed and said,

“So, what’s the plan?”

((My apologies, I’ve been camping for the past two weeks, and was unable to follow the week 10 missions until today.))

Dead warrior Quin’ka arrived at the meeting bunker. “The northstar forces will be active in the area to help stop Unit111’s carnage. We will make sure fallen tribals can’t be brought back under Unit 111 control.”

She waited to either be dismissed or invited to strategic talks.

Bor’ol entered the bunker, he was dressed in a black cloak that kept the sun from searing flesh from him. He was followed by Lance Corporal Dar’Za who sported a magi cannon. he put his arm on Sa’Tor’s shoulder the hugged and Sa’Tor quickly recounted the planning so far.

“We come to aid da war effort.” Bor’ol’s nostrils flared seeing the Warmongers Dead, but he said nothing. "We have a sniper team with us and da 10 badges of night if Da UTR name him our foe.

“We going to send da Kolgul militia to attack camp sand dragon. Get da jump on da Dead there.” Lance Corporal Dar’Za held up the leyas flare gun.

He pointed to the camp on the map. “We intend to scout out avenues of approach to the camp from the hills. Once we know the best way to attack we will call in re-enforcements. A small contingent of Kul Gul Rapi will accompany us to provide Anti-nightmare support. We suggest bottle necking the forces in the Camp. The army moves mainly through the shadows it will make it easy to manuever on any force that tries to stop them enroute, and their Magi Cannon fire reduced most of Thomasville to a molten pile of slag, unless jamesville has much thicker walls I suspect they can level it with ease.”

He looked to Barov doing his best to hide his contempt, “You said you had artillery support. If you all trust a militia gog like myself I would like one of the smoke grenades. We will set it off in a target of opportunity. Let Unit 111 find out they are under attack when the steel rain comes. That should be opening move, the families forces and the militia forces that will be supporting us lack Anti-Air capabilities.”

He nodded to Bor’ol who nodded back. He hated relying on the church of one for artillery support but he didn’t see any other way they could hope to stop the small but immensely powerful army.

Auf Lalog’na says "If your going to attack the camp, we can supply some air cover. But for the Lur Union fighters to survive, we will need to target Unit 111’s anti air defences quickly. We were planning on striking their aircraft closer to Jamesville while they were on the move. As moving troops are more vulnerable. But we could instead time the attack with you Barov.

I’m not sure the Church planned to move their anti aircraft defense out of Jamesville though."

Auf Lalog’na hands over 3 of the 6 flares.

Auf Lalog’na continues “We will have a small group that can join the fight on the ground.”