Planning for Bartsport for the Hammer of Protodoxa

Tor’ab stands at the waiting area to plan out the mission to get the hammer back.

Planning Thread Bartsport-for-the-Hammer-of-Protodoxa Battle Field2

(OOC adding the items we need to plan for)
Battlefield 2: The Infiltration
1-Give a plan to handle the patrols of 1 Paladin and 2 squires on horseback armed with crossbows and alarm horns. If there is any sign of a storm they will retreat to the new storm cellars with insulated ceilings.
2- Give a plan to handle the two snipers who guard the entrance to the manor and the cellars with both sniper springshot rifles and Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) launchers.
3- Explain how you will get into the bunker
4-Once inside all characters will meet up with Protodoxa at the vault. Give a basic plan for handling Inquisitors and traps.
5- What is the extraction plan?

Protodoxa approaches with a small group of Olgogs (whomever chooses to arrive with him). The towering blue furred Olgog leaned heavily on a hammer made of a slab of stone with a simple wooden pole. At his back was a quiver of bone javelins each wrapped in a cloth marked with the high falos symbol for poison (dont touch).
He seemed tired, as if his long hours pondering had weighed upon his soul. What more could he hope than this little adventure to Bartsport? Now that he was alive again, his hammer would be awake, and could not be left in the hands of an unpredictable maniac like Siedermann.

He sighed heavily as he approached, then looked up and smiled as he noticed Tor’ab waiting for them.
“Greetings you must be Tor’ab of the Herd of Auf Lal’al, I am Protodoxa, called the Shatterer, of the Herd of Lord Falos. I have good news.
I made a side trip to Unen today for a quick stop in a bar, and to recover some precious metals. Enough to hire a bunch of Pirates and Sellswords to keep the Church of One occupied at the docks while we sneak in the other side. I also got in touch with an old friend from the old days, he may stop by or he may just meet us at Bartsport. We will be lucky if we get him to join us.
That’s about as far as I’ve gotten in a plan though.”

Kolgol, chieftain of Ka’Rhug approached the group after a moment. He had come alone for this mission, as practically every other member of his tribe was involved in some scheme or another. He glanced around quickly, looking for anyone he knew before walking to Protodoxa and Tor’ab.

“Hello friends, I think I may be able to fill in some of the gaps in our plan. Although I have come alone, I bring knowledge, and it applies directly to this area. You see, I have infiltrated Bartsport before, and I know of some useful tricks we might use to enter.”

He begins to describe roughly the layout of the compound, and the elevator which leads down into the hanger bays and other areas. He shudders when he recalls pushing the button on the elevator, nearly killing himself as well as his squire. He also mentions that using earth leyas to create a tunnel into the compound was highly effective last time, and could work just as well this time around.

“As far as I can tell, your hammer is likely located on one of the floors the elevator can go to. I saw no sign of the hammer on floors 1 or 5 when we entered previously, the fifth floor being a staging area for all their mechanical contraptions. I would be more than happy to accompany you in the elevator, but I would request someone else operate the controls.”

OOC(Pretty sure the last floor was five, but if not, just correct me. It was the last floor in any case)

Babi Yaal showed up to the meeting gave proper honors to all present. “We hear you need prates to shake tings up on da waves. How you want us to do this?”

Tor’ab thought about the weapon he took from the dead. The magi cannon could burn break through the bunker if someone can tunnel us there. For this trip he would want to shadow work his armor and setup a shadow cocoon in a bag. That way he could take some of these earther weapons for the Aufs to study.

Tor’ab asked “So what is our plan of attack? Do we have anyone who could tunnel? It maybe possible to break through the reinforced walls.”

Tor’ab then said “We maybe able to use our new skimmers to help get us out once we get outside, whether by the cave we build or the the manor itself, but I don’t recommend using them to get there as we would announce ourselves very quickly.”

Kolgol looked at Tor’ab and said

“Aye, the walls give in quite easily. As far as I can see, the bunker was not constructed to withstand attacks from the sides, but from above. Although I suppose it is possible that it could have been reinforced by now, a few Aufgogs combined should be able to do it, and I myself am capable of tunneling. Also, the storage area on floor five holds several of their vehicles, including the strange flying machines. If it is possible, we could make quick time there and flee via their own technology. They might not think twice if they see one of their own machines flying out, but they will surely recognize a skimmer.”

He glances at the other newcomer and says

“Mayhaps you’d want to rendezvous with our other associates who are planning the naval assault. Those of use present here are members of the infiltration team.”

Tor’ab thinks for a moment, and says “If the rest of you don’t mine, But before you leave Babi, Please let the others know we would like a night assault. That will provide us with some of the cover we need.”

A thin wisp of smoke rose from the shadows cast by nearby rocks. A small red glow could be seen deep within. Slowly the shadows thickened till a small form appeared sitting there smoking a cigar. Leaning against the rocks sat a Bastard in black leather pants, vest and a black beret. He has a pair of bandoleers of explosives crossing his chest.

“Well, Protodoxa ol’ lad, what have you been up to? And what something exactly were you thinking someone would like to missing?” Pausing to blow a smoke ring, " he continued “Is this gonna be like the old days two or three of us against an entire krato lair?”

Rapi’lal rode up to the group on a horse that wore nightmare hide armor. Greeting each in turn he turns to Tor’ab.
" I bring with me Glogs ring of shadows and ice to help, along with five tribe members. How can Or’Lur help in this conflict."

Protodoxa smiled a big smile at Grim, "Good to see you old man. How have the tunnels been treating you? these Earthers are not as cunning as the Krato. Their technology makes then dangerous.

The Earthers may have some things I’ve not faced but nobody knows fieldcraft like you old friend."

Then he turned to Babi and said, “Respect to you and yours. For our mission to succeed we will need you to keep the battleships occupied. You don’t need to sink them just keep them and their air support focused away from the land.”

“Grim it looks like we will have to punch through some armored structure without collapsing the structure and without making to large a light or sound if we are going to get the drop on Siedermanns Inquisitor assistants.” Protodoxa said knowing his wise old friend would know a way.

While en route home, he had caught a whiff of a rumors from other travelling Olgogs that there was a planned invasion of Unen. Vektor had sent Hikiti home to report to Urog the result of their conversation. In turn, he was to send additional back-up. After using a variety of interrogation techniques, he was able to find the location of a gathering. If he was surprised at the group that had gathered, he didn’t show it.

“I heard there are Olgog who are gathering for a fight. After a rather frustrating “peace” talk with the Earthers, I’m ready to bash their heads in. How can I help?”

“If I may ka ting from da tribes gathered.” Babi started cautiously realizing he didn’t have the titles and honorifics to allow him to truly speak to some of the gathered as peers and few liked the Bruskti anyway, “When you go to teef da hammer, do it in da night. Da night, she kind to the Bruskti, we do our part better then.”

Tor’ab nodded at Babi, “So night it is, unless someone objects and has a good reason. So the cover of night will be how we deal with some of the patrols.”

Tor’ab then says “So are we going to have Gogs who can tunnel? This would allow us to avoid any traps, guards, or snipers guarding the front door of the Manor. I have not been there, how far away can we be and make this tunnel? And will they be able to detect our tunneling? I suggest we use a some camo cloaks to cover the front of the entrance to the tunnel to keep it hidden.”

Tor’ab said “If I have another Tor’og with me, we can take out any scouts quickly if needed. I could take them out eventually alone, but with those horns, it would take too long.”

Tor’ab continued “I don’t know about using their vehicles to escape, I can’t pilot them. Can any of you?”

Kolgol looked up at Vektor, and nodded.

“Welcome friend. You are correct, we are gathering for an attack, and we are looking for help. The target is a town not far from here, Bartsport. This group is comprised of the members who will be entering the actual base.” He points at, and identifies each of the prominent members in turn. “We would be glad to have you, or if you prefer to fight at sea, there is another group who will be handling that task. In terms of reward, you will have to speak to Protodoxa here, he handles the…currency. Also I am sure there are some valuable things to be found in Bartsport. If you wish to join us, we will fill you in on more aspects of the attack. And don’t worry, there are many, many foes to fight, I can assure you of that.”

He smiles and gestures for him to join the circle of planners.

Vektor looked at Kolgol and the others, greeting them with a silent nod. “Let’s start off with shares of spoils and move on from there.” Vektor thought to himself that he would do it for free, but wouldn’t turn down spoils or reward. Too bad he didn’t have the Gang of the Op-u-lint with him. He was itching to lead them into battle.

He then listened to the group explain the obstacles before him. It gave him pause. He knew that three stalkers would not be able to make it all the way through in a timely fashion. Tor’or would likely not work, either, which was a favored tactic. That left him with lots of drugs and brute strength, which didn’t leave much.

“Before speaking of infiltrating, we have to handle the patrols. The snipers are easy. We can distract them by creating nightmares among them. That will allow us the opportunity to approach and attack them easily. Fleshworms will do the trick. We can hide in shadows until we get there. That leaves the patrols…”

Kolgol looked to Tor’ab and said,

“I am capable of creating a tunnel into the base. Also, camo-cloaks are a great idea if we have some. If not, it may be more difficult as much of the surrounding terrain is destroyed, and we could probably be easily spotted. As for the scouts, they definitely need to go down quickly, before the alarm can be spread. I cannot pilot their vehicles but surely there is surely someone here who can grasp earther technology.”

He then turned to Vector and said,

“Fleshworms are a good idea if you are able, that would be an easy way to take them down, especially since we are going to attack at night. Since you came up with that idea, if you’d like you can spearhead that part of the attack. If you can shadowstep, that would be an easy way to bypass the patrols…”

“Yes, it would. Darkness of night will hide our movements as well. You don’t have to dig all the way there, though it would help. Where would we begin the tunnels?”

Tor’ab said “I can get a few extra camo cloaks from my tribe. I’ll take out the the patrols, I just need another gog to work with me so we can take them out quick enough. I can then help in taking out the snipers. I can create nightmares, but I would prefer to take out the snipers in a quieter way. If you can tell me where they are, I can sneak up on them from their blind side and take them out. Kolog, can you locate the snipers with your healing Leyas. One of my Aufs, learned out to located burrowing creatures by using Earth and Healing Leyas. I don’t know either and don’t know if can transfer to the open air.”

Babi nodded, the infiltration will be rough enough. He hadn’t heard any of any Unen groups he worked with volunteering for the sea mission. The Batavian Bat would have been a huge asset but last he heard it was off exploring the cost, most of Urik’s outcasts looked like they hadn’t gained their sea legs, and probably weren’t ready for another swim, and the dead gave Babi the creeps, something darker than the Bruskti kept them moving. “You have a tough ting ahead of ya. The Bruskti will take to the waves soon to keep the iron boats occupied. Good luck, hopin’ ya teef da hammer back.”

((OOC: I will likely post my portion of the battle tomorrow, if any unen or feral tribes want to join me on the sea portion please let me know in the next day or so or find your own way to sea))